2 years later-Dirt Therapy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
My girls were supposed to play MS Ball in 2020. My 6th grader had never played. Everything was canceled the week of our first game. Not only did they not play, but they didn't get to take the field together as teammates.

LL was canceled as well, so some of us parents conspired to do a camp, which essentially was some practices followed by a handful of games before there was an outbreak at a local cheer gym that a few of our players also attended. So we shut it down again. But we had a lot of fun for that month or so. It was my first foray into coaching, and we had experienced middle schoolers on the field with kids so young they stood ON the plate when attempting to bat. :)

But we all stuck with it, and two years later our nearly dead softball programs are on the upswing. And my girls will be teammates again in the spring.

2020's MS cancelation was a blessing. We were gonna be beyond bad. 75% of our team still couldn't throw and catch fullspeed. Hitting was nonexistent.

But that little "quarantine camp," as we called it, was the starting point for a few kids that fell in love with the game because it was literally the only time they were allowed to go anywhere. It's had a huge impact on softball in this tiny town. The future is bright once again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad