11 yr old DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2013
Been here a few months , just lurking . Very informative most of you are.

Here is my 11 year old dd. Any tips are appreciated.
The things we are currently working on are:

Getting hands inside the ball on a more consistent basis .

Not sliding the hips

Having strong wrists . Her wrists do a funny thing while shes swinging , bottom hand gets a bit funky. This just started happening and I am trying to figure out why. I figure its a symptom of something but cant quite see it yet.

As I said any input on anything I am overlooking is appreciated.

Soft Toss 1 - YouTube

Hit1 - YouTube

Hit 2 - YouTube

May 22, 2012
Corn, Swing looks great, very similar to the handpath I am working on with DD's. How does she hit in games? Does she always preload or was this a drill?

Stick

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
"Walk away from the hands" with "timing" ......

30a9ap3.gif

35k63vk.gif

30ksw0j.gif

arvhh.gif

Apr 30, 2013
Thanks five. However, she doesnt step. How do i then walk away from the hands? Is there another way without stepping?

Apr 30, 2013
maybe the second gif is the one closest to a non stride " walking away from hands" .

Apr 30, 2013
Hey Stick , she always preloads. No stride . She is iffy in games. She thinks too much. Her approach is the same as she approaches school. "The harder i try the better i will do" , when in fact i believe the opposite. I didnt work with her for almost a year , then after witnessing the bad advice from coaches i decided enough was enough. So since nov. we have been working on the swing you see now. Just trying to fine tune it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd