11 Year Old Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

DB1

Apr 23, 2009
Metro East StL
Update with game swings

We have started our games and things have been going pretty well so far. Hitting the ball well with no strike outs. Trying to get her to swing a little more aggressively with favorable counts. Have talked much more about the mental side of hitting vs technical. She is starting to swing more aggressively and hitting the ball further. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks

Oct 25, 2009
I think I heard the sound of a metal bat. With such a nice swing I think she deserves a composite bat. What results you see with the metal bat will be nothing compared to what the results would be if she was swinging a Xeno, for example.

Swing looks pretty good. Only thing I think I see is she may need to work on pitch selection (maybe--don't know what the count was) and swing from ground up instead of top down. In other words, lead with the hips, not the hands.

DB1

Apr 23, 2009
Metro East StL
I agree about the composite, but she has plenty to choose from and she always goes back to that bat.

As far as pitch selection, I am trying to get her more aggressive with her swing and to get away from just making contact. Situation there was tie game, bottom of the 7th. 2 outs and that was the first pitch. We talked about seeing the pitch she wanted and to attack it. The view from behind is from earlier in the season on a 3-2 count. I still think there is more there in the way of coiling and uncoiling and a little bit of drag. Also don't care too much for the stride. The good is she's seeing the ball well and making good contact on all pitchers including the fast ones.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523