10yr old DD - Working on fundamentals (Videos)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
I put together this clip of one of my pitchers to give an idea about whip. Your daughters, as everyone on this thread eludes to, needs to learn how to whip. Which is effectively leading with the elbow. I want my girls to understand when we throw underhand it is no different than throwing overhand in energy and whip. So I devised this drill, to get them to relax and whip both overhand and underhand with the same amount of energy and relaxation. Teach your daughter to whip underhand first, not pitch. There is a difference.

Thanks for the drill WillyT. I like it. DD and I used to warmup this way before we went on the mechanics rebuilding tour and began starting with the "Lock it" drill. We've made a lot of progress this offseason, and she is probably ready to go back to this now. Thanks!

I know most here know this, but I would caution new readers to understand that leading with the elbow when pitching underhand creates whip via the arm adduction move, but this movement does not exist with the overhand throw. Leading with the elbow in the overhand throw will result in a bad push-throw that has no significant whip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06