10YO DD looking for some feeback on mechanics.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I know this isnt the best video quality. Is there something that someone sees that may help with a little more speed, that I am not seeing? She pitches in the 40-42 mph range with an occaisional blips of 45-46. I wish I knew where those extra mphs come from.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
^^^^ Second that. all in all, the mechanics look pretty good, I'm actually having deja vu because aside from the backswing this looks a lot like my DD. I would add to keep the front side firmer without the walk through at the end. Good luck getting that elbow bent more. I've been having a tough time getting my DD to loosen it up and keep it bent. One thing I'll add is make sure you keep on doing these videos, there are so many times I think she has it in practice, she looks smooth and is throwing fast and accurate. Then I look at the slow motion video and I see the flaws. Good luck and let me know if you find a silver bullet on the elbow bend.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The bend in the elbow might be somewhat forced and mechanical at first. Ultimately, it just happens as the upper arm is more pulling the lower arm down rather than forcing the elbow to bend. Once they can feel it, it becomes very natural and very efficient.