10yo DD - Getting Closer ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2012
Still trying to figure it out. She has been squaring the ball up very well lately.

We just played a state 10u state tournament (84 degrees in FL) this last weekend and she was crushing everything.

npnyw6.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts & suggestions.

Thx,
Batdragon

Aug 28, 2012
Would love to see some game swings but as a 10u I say let it ride and revisit as the body and musculature changes through puberty. You are so far ahead of the game as a 10u your worst enemy at this point is your own tinkering :). Great job!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Love it BD. I still remember her first vid posted here, and her bat drag. You guys are workin' hard! I would put the tee away except when neccessary, and that is absolutely just my opinion. If you don't have a lot of space, get some of the tcb hole (wiffle) balls. I can really whip those thing from about 25 feet.

Wow, theres been a lot of nice 8-12 year olds with nice swings here lately. That's awesome.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Still trying to figure it out. She has been squaring the ball up very well lately.

We just played a state 10u state tournament (84 degrees in FL) this last weekend and she was crushing everything.

npnyw6.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts & suggestions.

Thx,
Batdragon

BEAUTIFULL SWING, Like NOON says," let it ride", and, lock it in with lots of live stuff.

Way to go, Coach, and way to go Young lady!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looking good!! I'm with the other guys - don't mess with what you've got at the moment, and let her continue to build her confidence in the box. If there's something you're still working on making 100%, keep with it until it's automatic.

Also, keep an eye out for her picking up bad habits from other players. I've seen that happen more than once. Kids are sponges, but sometimes the water needs to be filtered.

Mar 12, 2009
I'm still learning every day but I agree with what has been said...she is way ahead of the game! I agree with rdbass about turning the barrel earlier. If I had to nitpick I would say she shifts then swings but once again...a very nice swing and if she times the ball correctly she will out-hit most everyone her age!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207