10U Tryouts Around Madison/Beaver Dam WI Area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Hey guys,

My family will be relocating this spring from Nevada to the Madison or the Appleton area not sure which yet still weighing job opportunities but my DD doesnt want to miss a season. My Daughter 04 has a year left in 10U, thanks for the Madison team info you guy wrote about. Does anyone have the same type of team info for the Appleton or fox valley area?

When does the season start in Wisco and how long. Out here we play spring, all stars and a shorter fall ball season. Are the try outs in spring and fall in Wisco?. If I wanted to start and coach a team is it possible? any advice? out here you need to assist in our league a season first? Is the level of play the same in Madison vs Appleton or is one better?

thanks in advance

I live in Appleton. We drove DD to Horicon to get a top TB-A experience for her.(1.5hrs one way) I think that sort of sums it up for ya....

The indoor season lasts forever around here - be ready for that and throwing the first live pitch in snowflakes in May.

We suffer worse TB options around here but ya couldn't pay me to live in/near Madison (no offense Bob - just my opinion based on my needs in life). I would suggest this fox cities area is ripe for a quality TB-A organization to be established. (there are "good enough" TB-B clubs)

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Yes, strange as it seems, there are no A level TB organizations in either Madison or the Fox Valley. That is why teams in tiny little Horicon will have girls from the Madison area and the Fox Valley area on the same team.

As for the level of play of the local TB teams. There are some decent, but not great, TB teams around Madison and around the Fox Valley (for example, Fon du Lac). Sometimes some of the teams in small towns in between, such as Columbus, Beaver Dam or Watertown have good teams as well.

What are you looking for in a team? Are you looking for a pretty good team where your DD can play with local players and have fun? IF that is the case, you will find teams all over the state that will meet your needs.

Anyway, tryouts for teams are usually around August. Early August for the 'A' teams, and later in the month for the lesser teams. That way, kids can try out for the big name team, and, if they don't make it, try out for the local team.

As far as starting your own team: that is VERY hard to do unless you are part of a rec league organization that has a large base of players who are talented. Sometimes these local teams have some good players. The problem is, these teams almost always fall apart when the best players leave for better teams.

If your DD will move to Madison in the spring, let me know, perhaps a PM. Not as many 10U as 12U teams, but I can see if any teams are looking for anyone. I tried to find a spot for my DD for a second year 10U in the fall and winter, but was not able to. Instead, I signed her up for West Madison Little League in the spring, had her play up in 12 U, and she made the 10U all-star team which turned into a small TB team. Just about every year, some coaches put the best 10U players at WMLL together into a TB team.

Sep 22, 2014
A team that competes would be fine. I’d like her to see play more teams and better competition than she gets to see now with only nine teams in her 10U rec. She’s a little better than average in her current rec league but not the best. She made 10U all-stars this summer and played up to that level of competition and I wish I could keep that going and move to 10U-A ball but I haven’t found 10U-A teams in the Valley. We do have better rec 10U-B competition on the west side but just can’t make the drive work with my schedule. She knows the catcher on the Florida Gators so she talks about playing in collage. I’ll support the dream and see what happens in the future.

I talked to Roger at the world series training center sounds like has a good program and facility going there. I guess that’s the Bandits organization? Roger said there good competition in the Fox Valley area too but not sure if he was talking A or B TB, I should have asked about the odds of getting on his teams. He talked about college coaches visiting he place often which is a plus.

Dec 7, 2011
A team that competes would be fine. I’d like her to see play more teams and better competition than she gets to see now with only nine teams in her 10U rec. She’s a little better than average in her current rec league but not the best. She made 10U all-stars this summer and played up to that level of competition and I wish I could keep that going and move to 10U-A ball but I haven’t found 10U-A teams in the Valley. We do have better rec 10U-B competition on the west side but just can’t make the drive work with my schedule. She knows the catcher on the Florida Gators so she talks about playing in collage. I’ll support the dream and see what happens in the future.

I talked to Roger at the world series training center sounds like has a good program and facility going there. I guess that’s the Bandits organization? Roger said there good competition in the Fox Valley area too but not sure if he was talking A or B TB, I should have asked about the odds of getting on his teams. He talked about college coaches visiting he place often which is a plus.

Roger is awesome and he must have told ya about the indoor dirt training center that is actually moving across town to even a bigger venue. Ya can't beat playing on indoor dirt during the long long winter months around here.

Roger coaches the 18U's trying to get scholarships. He knows a bunch of folks and has connections. He does have a good batch of other coaches. But it's a big-ish organization and each year a new coach can filter in that odds are you are going to get a challenging one once in a while. But Roger takes care of that overall in the end. I give them a big thumbs up. getting onto a team now may be difficult unless yer DD is a pitcher/catcher.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
The Bandits are in Horicon, which is about equal distance from Madison and Appleton. So, that is an option if you move either place. Lots of good players in Madison play or have played for the Bandits.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
I am a 16U Coach in the Bandits organization and I strongly believe we have a great organization. I have been part of the Bandits organization for 5 years and have loved every minute of it. I have some kids on my team in the past from the Fox Valley and I currently have 4 kids from the Madison area on my 16U team.

We are actually still looking for a couple of 10U players. 10U is the hardest age group to fill. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk to the 10U coach. He is a great guy and is great with the kids. I'm not sure when you are moving here for sure though. That may throw a wrench in it.

Sep 22, 2014
Rubberbiscuit, That's cool, He didn't tell me about the new indoor dirt center but I'll be up there in Nov and if possible I'll try to stop in and meet him and see the place. My DD does pitch but is my third pitcher on her team she just started three months ago. Her strengths are her bat and glove. Are there other teams that compete with the Bandits in the Fox Valley?

Banditscoach, I will PM you. We are trying for early spring if everything works out, could be sooner.

Dec 7, 2011
Rubberbiscuit, That's cool, He didn't tell me about the new indoor dirt center but I'll be up there in Nov and if possible I'll try to stop in and meet him and see the place. My DD does pitch but is my third pitcher on her team she just started three months ago. Her strengths are her bat and glove. Are there other teams that compete with the Bandits in the Fox Valley?

Banditscoach, I will PM you. We are trying for early spring if everything works out, could be sooner.

Teams in/near the fox cities:
WI Elite
Panther fastpitch

Then some fox cities sub-regional teams:
Appleton Rockers
Kimberly Cardinals
Kaukauna Ghosts
Oshkosh Raiders
Fon du lac Fusion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members