10U tourney coach used 12yr old in semifinal game.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2014
So yeah that happened. It was my girls former team. Coach found out after game and protested.
Championship game was cancelled due to weather Can anything really be done?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
All rulebooks we have ever played under has specific rules associated with this.

In USSSA for example you would protest to the tournament director in this case (because the game is complete) and if upheld the team would be stripped off all wins, placed last in standings and ejected from the tournament (and there would be other sanctions as determined by the state director/etc). If this happens before the next game starts then the protesting team would move on.

But it really is up to the organization and the rules you are playing under.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
USSSA And after the game the opposing coach told the 10U girls to get the (blank) off the field. I was in shock to be honest.

USSSA Rule Book. Rule 13, Section 5 (pg 64)
http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/2014FPRules.pdf

Very specific.

And while it no way helps right now, coaches and orgs who behave this way become known VERY, VERY quickly and I have never seen it end well for them. Of all the real pieces of work in 8U/10U locally all but 2 are gone now we are at 12U and their teams are made up of cast offs from other teams because no one wants to play for either of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid