'05 8 y/o pitching.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
A change up, drop and rise ball! She looks great for 8.

I'd have her work on elbow leading/palm up down the backswing when playing catch to get the feel of whipping. She looks great until the arm is pointed straight back then ts straightens and the palm turns downward. She'll get a noticable increase in speed as soon as it clicks for her.

Some will say she shouldn't drag the side of her foot. The majority feel that dragging the toes, or side of the big toe is best.

I'd also ask her to try to stay a little more open and go for a little more rearward lean at release. I'd also like to see her stride toe land on, or possibly slightly over the powerline which may help her keep from walking through the pitch.

Honestly, she looks really good and I'd expect to be addressing these changes with someone a little older. Great work!

Ken

Last edited:
May 22, 2011
St Louis, MO
Thanks Ken

We will definitely start working on fixing the whip next practice. The walking through the pitch is something that just recently started, hopefully it can be weeded out pretty easily.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Thanks Ken

We will definitely start working on fixing the whip next practice. The walking through the pitch is something that just recently started, hopefully it can be weeded out pretty easily.
She looks great. Be careful not to make anything she does too technical in nature...... they don't have the tolerance for that at her age. The minute it turns to "work" instead of "fun", she'll be done. 8 is awefully young to start nit-picking small mechanical issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom