Youth Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
In the meantime, go out today and get the Evo-shield thumb guard, or order the Endoskel guard on Amazon (Amazon product ASIN B06XKKDG6S). $25-$30 of well-spent money to avoid a lifetime of thumb trouble. Have her use those until whatever new glove you end up with gets broken in. Even then, IMO, I'd keep using the Endoskel. (I have one in my Vinci baseball catchers mitt. Much greater protection than my mid-range Mizuno, but I'm still susceptible to re-injury. The endoskel fits perfectly into a new glove. The evo shield may only fit on a well-broken in glove).

Dec 15, 2019
In the meantime, go out today and get the Evo-shield thumb guard, or order the Endoskel guard on Amazon (Amazon product ASIN B06XKKDG6S). $25-$30 of well-spent money to avoid a lifetime of thumb trouble. Have her use those until whatever new glove you end up with gets broken in. Even then, IMO, I'd keep using the Endoskel. (I have one in my Vinci baseball catchers mitt. Much greater protection than my mid-range Mizuno, but I'm still susceptible to re-injury. The endoskel fits perfectly into a new glove. The evo shield may only fit on a well-broken in glove).

We went to DSG after her games Saturday and bought the Evo Shield. She was able to play Sunday thanks to that and a borrowed mitt but was having trouble keeping in place so we taped it.

May 4, 2021
Bradley makes some nice looking FP catchers gloves. I dont have any experience with them, but I do have some with a few Bradley gloves.

They are quality gloves tailored to younger players with small hands. My tiny 7 YO DD has a FP Gold Series 11.5" glove, its very good quality, and didnt take a ton of time to break in. I also bought my 3 YO son an igniter blem model, and it is a pretty good quality glive as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45