Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This has been the best glove thread we've had in quite a while, so I move to make you a member, effective immediately.
Wow, that was easy, looks like you made an executive decision!

Good call on the best glove thread we’ve had in a while, so I’ll give him a pass!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lol, I just like watching the back and forth. And Annasdad with his OGD (obsessive glove disorder ;p)
I actually recommended a customer to you this week on a 1929, even told her what a great guy you were and you’d definitely take care of her!

See, it’s all about gloves, and not always Rawlings gloves! ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@pattar, to answer your original question to start this thread, not sure about the top 3 as I’m sure many guys in here could give multiple different answers.

But (to me personally) the top spot belongs to the 12” Don Morton Horween Pro1000-HC exclusive, period!

Pattern, size, materials, build quality, it’s gorgeous old school looks, durability, availability............the fact that you can order essentially a custom and have it in two days instead of the 4 to 6 weeks it takes to get a true custom.

It’s a glove that’s hard to beat and it gets my top vote!

May 1, 2019
Dont have a top 3 however I'll give u my top 1 is the vinci.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-172036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-172036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 26
Apr 28, 2019
(9 YO) DD doesn't need one yet but I figured I would start a thread for future reference. Give me your top 3 gloves for a MI.

As a reference she is using a Louisville Slugger Xeno Pro Series: FGXNPBN5-1175 right now and has used it for over 2.5 years (almost 2 years of TB) and it is actually holding up pretty well. She is moving up to a 12" ball in the Fall but they have played a few 12U tournaments already, and I hit her infield with a mix of 11" and 12" balls, she seems fine with the 11.75" glove
Well it depends on what your asking. Best what? Best price, best break-in, best quality, etc......
Not in any particular order:
Rawlings HOH, Pro Preferred, Liberty Advanced are all quality gloves.
Wilson A2000 is always popular and rather pricey.
Easton Stealth/Pro series
Mizuno MVP Prime & Akadema Reptilian are nice gloves at a reasonable price.

Apr 28, 2019
Well it depends on what your asking. Best what? Best price, best break-in, best quality, etc......
Not in any particular order:
Rawlings HOH, Pro Preferred, Liberty Advanced are all quality gloves.
Wilson A2000 is always popular and rather pricey.
Easton Stealth/Pro series
Mizuno MVP Prime & Akadema Reptilian are nice gloves at a reasonable price.
If you like Slugger the LXT is a quality line. I have a Slugger 125 I got a few years ago and it’s holding up well. I paid maybe $60 for it.
I may be in the minority here but I’m all for the biggest glove players can handle. My daughter’s have 13” and 12.75” gloves for MI play. It’s all about getting to as many balls as possible. The more reach the better. It’s those line drives that are just out of reach or the hard grounder that barely eluded the glove of the girl with the 11.25”-12” glove. With a 12.5-13” glove play gets made.
Obviously for older advanced players positioning based on scouting and pitch being thrown come into play more. So a monster glove isn’t really a necessity but it doesn’t hurt either.
I have a 14” glove and I never lose the ball in the glove during transition.

Jun 8, 2016
If you like Slugger the LXT is a quality line. I have a Slugger 125 I got a few years ago and it’s holding up well. I paid maybe $60 for it.
I may be in the minority here but I’m all for the biggest glove players can handle. My daughter’s have 13” and 12.75” gloves for MI play. It’s all about getting to as many balls as possible. The more reach the better. It’s those line drives that are just out of reach or the hard grounder that barely eluded the glove of the girl with the 11.25”-12” glove. With a 12.5-13” glove play gets made.
Obviously for older advanced players positioning based on scouting and pitch being thrown come into play more. So a monster glove isn’t really a necessity but it doesn’t hurt either.
I have a 14” glove and I never lose the ball in the glove during transition.
Glove size for a MI is probably more of a preference I guess as a MI 3/4 of the balls you field/catch (balls you get in front of, relays, DP) shouldn't really be "caught" anyway if you are doing it correctly. You are right that there may be 1 out 50 backhands/forehands you will get with a bigger glove but that may be offset by the 1 out 50 balls you cannot get out of your glove quick enough. As a SS/2B in baseball I always liked a smaller glove.

I ended up getting her a HOH Pro 206 12" glove for $160. She won't be using it till next spring anyway as her Slugger is in good shape and I see no reason to switch at the moment. It will give her ample time to break it in and get used to it. It was a good deal so I went for it figuring she will need one eventually.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802