Xeno or LXT....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2018
My daughter plays 12U. She has 2 different 2016 XENO's and loves them. I am looking to get her a 2019 LXT or XENO. Is there that big of a difference in the 2 bats that you have noticed. Does anyone strongly prefer one over the other? Thank you.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
DD has both and several others, lol, I have a problem but thats another issue. The LXT is definitely a hotter bat in my mind and my DD's.. She is a power style hitter and would pick the lxt's over the xeno's all day

Oct 5, 2018
The reservation I have recommending the LXT is that you say your DD LOVES the Xenos so why not stick to the Xeno which is a bit heavier and heavier swinging and stiffer. Though if you got 2 xenos anyway, why not try an lxt...just don't pay list and sell it if she hates it and buy the xeno...then you know

Apr 26, 2015
DD used to swing an LXT but now MUCH prefers her Xeno. She is a slapper who can hit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17, 2018
My 14u DD was Xeno ONLY, but she gave up her 33 -10 Xeno, for a Ghost Advanced 33 -9.
My 14u DD was Xeno ONLY, but she gave up her 33 -10 Xeno, for a Ghost Advanced 33 -9.
My daughter only swung the Ghost Advanced at a demo tent. She liked it, but I have heard they are really hot, but don't last long. I have heard as little as 300 swings before cracking and or breaking. That is WAY too much money for me to risk. I feel like Louisville Slugger also stays hot for much longer. Thoughts?

May 16, 2016
My daughter only swung the Ghost Advanced at a demo tent. She liked it, but I have heard they are really hot, but don't last long. I have heard as little as 300 swings before cracking and or breaking. That is WAY too much money for me to risk. I feel like Louisville Slugger also stays hot for much longer. Thoughts?

We are well past 300 swings, and it's holding up fine so far...

Apr 28, 2019
My daughter plays 12U. She has 2 different 2016 XENO's and loves them. I am looking to get her a 2019 LXT or XENO. Is there that big of a difference in the 2 bats that you have noticed. Does anyone strongly prefer one over the other? Thank you.

If I had to pick just one it would be LXT. It’s more versatile and suits more players. It’s more evenly balanced and closer to stated weight than Xeno. It also has a bigger sweet spot.

Xeno is a very good bat also but better suited for girls who are stronger hitters with better bat speed.

The Ghost Advanced is the best heavy bat on the market to date bar none. No durability issues on the one I purchased from Core.

The Dual Stamp and Xeno are a dead heat as far as I’m concerned for #2 heavier bat. Being the Xeno is $50 cheaper I would say it’s probably the best bat for the buck in the high-end category.

Keep in mind I don’t recommend using “game bats” for BP. We use older heavier models for tee work, soft toss, bucket drops, etc....
We use game bats when hitting live at the field and for games of course. I believe this extends the life of most bats.
Only issues I’ve had with bats breaking happened recently. Weather was below 60’ and 2019 LXT & Xeno developed rattles.

Dec 11, 2010
Between the Xeno and the LXT I pick Ghost Advanced from Core Softball sales, lol!

But seriously, if she likes the feel of Xeno and hits well with it, don’t mess with it. They are very good bats.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We own a 33” 2016 Xeno, it’s in my trunk now, it‘s been Anna’s backup that she’s practically never hit......it’s hot as a match!

She’s never had a Xeno as her primary bat, ever. We‘ve had 6 or 7 LXT’s through the years and two 2018 Ghosts.

This past freshman season, over the last several months she’s been using a 2019 34” Xeno team bat, she swears it’s the hottest, best feeling bat she’s ever used!

My 5’0” girl using a 34” bat is a pretty funny sight to see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802