WWUD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2016
Was at a tournament recently where after 3 games had already been played on the field and 1/2 of our game, we notice that the boxes were only 6 ft.
Not to mention it was like 10pm after a few rain delays so everyone was eager to get the game over.

So after realizing the box was wrong we approached the plate umpire to inform that the boxes we're wrong and their response was nt my problem and ofh well in a nice way.

My question is what would be the correct thing to do in this situation?

Jun 11, 2013
At 10pm on a rainy night I wouldn't do anything unless this was really causing my team some major problem.

Mar 28, 2014
Was at a tournament recently where after 3 games had already been played on the field and 1/2 of our game, we notice that the boxes were only 6 ft.
Not to mention it was like 10pm after a few rain delays so everyone was eager to get the game over.

So after realizing the box was wrong we approached the plate umpire to inform that the boxes we're wrong and their response was nt my problem and ofh well in a nice way.

My question is what would be the correct thing to do in this situation?
let the game get over with and go home is the best thing to do.

May 29, 2015
I’ve never seen boxes, right or wrong, at 10pm and/or after a few rain delays. I rarely see them after the second inning of the first game.

I guess I would go get my camera. Mainly because I would expect to see Bigfoot standing in one box and a unicorn in the other. 😁

Seriously though? Erase the front line and/or the back line.

Nov 29, 2009
Seriously though? Erase the front line and/or the back line.

That's what I do. I go on the field and check the boxes right away. I've seen the kids who do the fields draw the boxes backwards way too many times to trust them. If you have any slappers on your team it's a must.

May 29, 2015
I would caution a coach against doing that. I definitely would tell you do NOT let a player do this (the penalty is actually a strike on the batter).

Definitely bring it to the plate umpire’s attention and request the umpire do it. He/she may or may not. The umpire can say “we are playing with it”.

Keep in mind, it isn’t Major League Baseball though: https://www.sbnation.com/2012/4/13/2946648/miguel-cabrera-batters-box-tigers-white-sox

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
10PM...wouldn't worry and go home..

16A state championship this year, DD and I go to watch older teams. Field crew doing a great job, rechalk before final game. Boxes were set correctly. HPU starts shuffling his feet before game and between batters and half inning...so by the end of the 1st....the front and inside chalk of both boxes is gone.

Middle of 1st inning my DD leans over and says "I think he's erasing the box...watch his feet"...sure enough. Haven't seen it all but seen one more thing....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12