WTB 14” Slowpitch glove LHT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It’s important, but it’s definitely an offensive game for sure!

Offense is kinda the norm for sp no matter where you play for sure...defense isnt. 30+ runs a game is nothing in Majors, but if you can pick a shot and steal an out...that could save sooo many runs. That separates a Major player from a C player.

Apr 28, 2019
This right here is getting very tough in general to find anymore...everybody wants those
damn straps to pull tight with.

MVP Prime SE Mizuno is velcro and no dual welting..I know you wont buy Mizuno but looked just
to see what was there.

Core- Is there a slowpitch bat that can be used for Fastpitch that is better than Ghost Advanced? Seems I read something about an Ambush bat?
I know slowpitch bats are less expensive are they more durable?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
99% of slowpitch bats are assoc specific (ASA stamp OR USSSA stamp) now and have been for quite
some time. Each manufacturer makes like one dual stamp bat per year and its
pretty much cheapy garbage.

All slowpitch bats are 34 inches long...so thats usually problem number one. Second is "most"
softball bats are 26oz or more...some are being made lighter now (24 and 25oz), but not every model.
And a a majority of the bats that are 24 and 25oz, are small 12 inch barrels.
Last problem, all slowpitch bats come with the 2013 stamp now and has been that way for years.
Technically the 2013 stamp isnt for FP if you read the fineprint :)
Do a lot of umps know, who knows. I know some people that have used them.

I do think sp bats are a bit more durable actually. And a sp ASA bat will def out perform a fp bat.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Seems I read something about an Ambush bat?

Ambush is just an Anderson slowpitch bat...nobody uses them. That should tell you how good
it is. Anderson isnt even on the map in slowpitch.
Had one at the field Saturday while a couple of us were hitting..it was the least used bat BY FAR.

Apr 28, 2019
Ambush is just an Anderson slowpitch bat...nobody uses them. That should tell you how good
it is. Anderson isnt even on the map in slowpitch.
Had one at the field Saturday while a couple of us were hitting..it was the least used bat BY FAR.

Maybe it was another bat. So due to weight, length, stamps, and association specific bats SP bats generally not suited for FP. Gotcha thanks.

Aug 2, 2019
Well, shortstop, centers and pitcher are a little about defense in everyday softball life. Some
of them will spend...haha.

BUT, the more you go up the ladder from E to Majors in slowpitch...the difference is defense.
Everybody can smash, but the thing that separates, is above level D. Because every ball
is a rocket, and you better field every ball you can get to as you dont want to give an out away...ever.
And surprise, the higher you go, the more people with better gloves...haha.
Yeah, you definitely want a good piece of leather when you're getting balls hit 110 mph at you.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, you definitely want a good piece of leather when you're getting balls hit 110 mph at you.

I have pitched the past 15 years or so. Made the natural progression, or regression...haha. RC to corner
outfield, to ss, to 3rd and then pitcher. As speed went down, I moved closer to the hitter...haha.
I guess I was more nominated to start pitching out of the fact nobody else wanted to do stand
in the line of fire :)
I found a glove I liked 25 years ago. Back then 100 bucks wasnt cheap for a softball glove. I like a heavier
glove...when I throw the glove out there, I want to know the glove isnt gonna rip and I like a bigger glove
to get as much as I can or maybe get a piece of it. I bought 4 of those gloves back then...im on my last
one so I will have to find a new favorite at some point. I have no idea what I am gonna do.
The first one I had forever, but got pretty bad. The next was stolen and the one after that I think
I actually left at a field. I would probably still be on my second one :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28