WTB 14” Slowpitch glove LHT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
You can stop looking now! ;)
Amazon product ASIN B07G6218BD
Won't let me post a link?
Check out the Easton El Jefe at Amazon. 14" LHT, and I've read great things about them! $102.80

Hi- Thanks. I’ve looked at the Easton glove. The price is right but not an Easton glove fan.
There are a couple nice Slugger/Miken gloves from $150-170 retail but don’t want to spend that on me.
Little more searching I guess.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Whats a mint? There are gloves from 60 bucks and up. Slowpitch is weird, manufacturers just
dont make higher priced sp gloves much because most guys are cheap af in sp. They will buy 10 bats a year and cant use any of them well, but balk as spending decent money on a glove...haha.
There are some decent 80-110 dollar gloves out there.

Slowpitch is def a bat driven sport.

Oct 26, 2019
Whats a mint? There are gloves from 60 bucks and up. Slowpitch is weird, manufacturers just
dont make higher priced sp gloves much because most guys are cheap af in sp. They will buy 10 bats a year and cant use any of them well, but balk as spending decent money on a glove...haha.

@CoreSoftball20 - slow pitch is certainly not about the defense haha

Apr 28, 2019

I only want to be in it for around $100. I found a Slugger TPS 14” that retails for $170 for $95. Supposed to be all top shelf materials. In black & gold but no dual welting and pull straps instead of Velcro closure.
I like Velcro closure & dual welting. Easton El Jeffe for $84 no closure and no dual welting.
Miken Pro Gold $129 pull straps no dual welting.
Worth players series Velcro no dual welting $74.
Wilson A2000 dual welting no closure $260.
Vinci no closure, dual welting $150
Can’t seem to find dual welting with Velcro closure for any price really.
Have my eye on the TPS but still open to suggestions.
It’s a B-day gift for myself but I may just go with a new pair of NB running shoes.😩

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@CoreSoftball20 - slow pitch is certainly not about the defense haha

Well, shortstop, centers and pitcher are a little about defense in everyday softball life. Some
of them will spend...haha.

BUT, the more you go up the ladder from E to Majors in slowpitch...the difference is defense.
Everybody can smash, but the thing that separates, is above level D. Because every ball
is a rocket, and you better field every ball you can get to as you dont want to give an out away...ever.
And surprise, the higher you go, the more people with better gloves...haha.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I like Velcro closure

This right here is getting very tough in general to find anymore...everybody wants those
damn straps to pull tight with.

MVP Prime SE Mizuno is velcro and no dual welting..I know you wont buy Mizuno but looked just
to see what was there.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
Well, shortstop, centers and pitcher are a little about defense in everyday softball life. Some
of them will spend...haha.

BUT, the more you go up the ladder from E to Majors in slowpitch...the difference is defense.
Everybody can smash, but the thing that separates, is above level D. Because every ball
is a rocket, and you better field every ball you can get to as you dont want to give an out away...ever.
And surprise, the higher you go, the more people with better gloves...haha.

My father played on a team in which, if memory serves me right, he was one of the only players not in the ASA hall of fame. He played SS professionally in the RedSox organization and the only reason he was on that team was his defense. It’s important, but it’s definitely an offensive game for sure!

Apr 28, 2019
This right here is getting very tough in general to find anymore...everybody wants those
damn straps to pull tight with.
Yeah I don’t care for those pull straps. The Worth players series looks decent in black with gold stitching I just think the TPS is made of better materials.
I’m thinking I may just use my catchers mitt to play catch with the kids. Plenty of padding there. A little less reach but I know what I want and really don’t want to settle for anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802