Wristbands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
Hello! I coach 12u and we are switching to wristband system. I made them on 'Never Miss a Sign.'

My question is, what's the best place to get wristbands from that would fit the size that that they make? Im looking for 3 compartment wristbands.

Also what what size should i get? I see everything from adult to pee wee to kids.

Thanks so much!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Hello! I coach 12u and we are switching to wristband system. I made them on 'Never Miss a Sign.'

My question is, what's the best place to get wristbands from that would fit the size that that they make? Im looking for 3 compartment wristbands.

Also what what size should i get? I see everything from adult to pee wee to kids.

Thanks so much!
I guess you like the sound of Velcro.

May 17, 2012
If wristbands are done properly the batter knows 90% of the time what the call is once the number is called. Looking at the wristband is sometimes just for show.

People that think wristbands slow down the game or are complicated don't understand a proper setup. Sure there are teams that have no idea what they are doing with them but when done properly they are best practice imo.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Coach, I didn't miss the sign, I just don't understand the system. ;) 🤷‍♂️

LOL ... Not sure if you coach as well as umpire ... But, for some reason that I have never been able to figure out ... Perhaps it is the difference between the way males and females process visual information or retain information (or if there is a difference??? IDK ??? ) ... But, what I do know is that before I went to a wristband system it would be nothing for 3 or more signs missed per game ... After the wristband system, it would be a shock if any signs were missed ... I'm thinking that in one HS season I only had one or two signs missed ... I remember a JV team I had many years ago where after a loss (prior to going to a wristband system) in the post game pow-wow where one of my athletes said "I think we should have bunted more" ... I replied "maybe you should have bunted any of the three times that you missed the sign" ... She asked "We have a bunt sign?" ... LMAO ... With the wristband system, since the athletes don't know who you are talking to, they all stay engaged and know what is going on ... I made up a system where the cards are changed out every game so that they can not memorize the numbers and have to check every time I call out a play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12