Wristbands for Offense/Defense

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2016
Here's another example as there lots of ways to do it. I made this on excel and wanted a very basic easy system. Every call is one # and one color, so Red 5, Black 8, etc... This was a very early version so the calls are all versions of B-Bunt, T-take, S-Steal. So BTS is a bunt/take/steal, or fake bunt and steal.

wrist band jpg.jpg

Dec 20, 2012
Texas
Here's another example as there lots of ways to do it. I made this on excel and wanted a very basic easy system. Every call is one # and one color, so Red 5, Black 8, etc... This was a very early version so the calls are all versions of B-Bunt, T-take, S-Steal. So BTS is a bunt/take/steal, or fake bunt and steal.

View attachment 13253

I've used a wristband like this in the past as well, and to make it not as hard to pick up, we used a 3 number system with a color, and only one of the numbers was "live". That way, if you think somebody has a read on what you're trying to accomplish, you can just say a different number is live that inning. Our example would be first number is live, Green 247 would mean steal, but if the 3rd number was live it would be bunt. Really simple, IMO.

Feb 9, 2023
View attachment 13252

Pitching card example.
Hello, Im trying to make a pitching card for my daughter and her coaches they have never had a pitcher that was able to pitch all they diffrent pitches so never had a pitching card. but i have never made one either my daughters travel team coaches allways had them made. so is there also a coaches call shet as well and how do they all work together? any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 20, 2017
Hello, Im trying to make a pitching card for my daughter and her coaches they have never had a pitcher that was able to pitch all they diffrent pitches so never had a pitching card. but i have never made one either my daughters travel team coaches allways had them made. so is there also a coaches call shet as well and how do they all work together? any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Yes on a call sheet. I would take the pitchers wristband and type the pitch and all the numbers that called that specific pitch. Each pitch would run across the top row and pitch numbers would run down the columns. I would laminate call sheet

Example
Curve

Feb 9, 2023
Yes on a call sheet. I would take the pitchers wristband and type the pitch and all the numbers that called that specific pitch. Each pitch would run across the top row and pitch numbers would run down the columns. I would laminate call sheet

Example
Curve
got it thanks so much for the information and help

May 17, 2012

Attached is an example of the coaches sheet that goes with the pitcher's card. Perhaps this will help someone starting out.

• A copy of the card the pitcher has is at the bottom of the sheet. All pitchers will have multiple coaches sheets/cards (pitching against the same team in a tournament, no problem). Use the date and time stamp to make sure your sheet matches the pitcher's card she is actually using.
  • You don't have to call a number EVERY pitch so have a hand sign to let the pitcher and catcher know they are on their own. Example....3-0 pitch nobody on base....everyone knows we are trying to throw a strike here. Keep it simple.
  • You can also tell that there are some numbers that you could call that wouldn't mean anything (teams try and track your numbers, etc.). It doesn't really matter if the other team actually knows the numbers that go with the pitches (my opinion).
  • Yes, this pitcher has too many pitches. I agree with you. I can do into more detail on why we put all of the pitches on here if interested. The pitches with more numbers are the ones called more frequently.
  • Fishing is throwing a "ball". Call it what you want. The pitcher and catcher know how many ball lengths they should be missing by what the count is.
  • Laminate the player cards and put the coach's sheets in clear plastic sheet protectors (for binders).
  • Yes, I spelled "Drop" wrong. I am a moron.
  • The beauty of this system is that the pitcher, catcher, coach, or whoever can call pitches at any time.

Have the catcher simulate a sign and you won't have any issues.

Coaches Pitch Chart - Suzy.PNG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad