Wrist soreness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
9 YO DD is telling me her left wrist (she is a RH) is sore when she swings. Top of the wrist if palm down, right where hand meets forearm. Thing is it doesn't bother otherwise and it only starts to happen after a bucket or so. Not sure if this is coincidence or not but we recently changed her swing such that her barrel, and hence wrist, is going to be in a different (better) position at launch..she has swung the "old way" for a number of years. She only started to complain about it once the change was made. With 9 YO it seems that sometimes they cannot differentiate between pain and tiredness so I am not sure what to think. We've been icing it and will bring her in if it continues to bother her but I just wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
After a few days of icing, we stretched her forearm/wrist before she hit yesterday and she said it didn't bother her..so who knows what was/is going on :confused:.

Oct 16, 2015
If it continues, go see an ortho. My dd was complaining about the same thing and we put it off as just overuse and turns out she tore a ligament. She had surgery a month ago for it and could be out a total of 4-6 months.

Jun 8, 2016
If it continues, go see an ortho. My dd was complaining about the same thing and we put it off as just overuse and turns out she tore a ligament. She had surgery a month ago for it and could be out a total of 4-6 months.

Will do. Doubt she tore anything since a) it only bothered her when she swung b) it only bothered her after a certain amount of pitches and c) it didn't hurt at all last night.

I wish your DD a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478