Wrist pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2018
My DD is 13 playing in 12u. Worked very hard over the offseason and still is in the season. Pitches about 3-4 times a week including games.
Started having pain in wrist in a few spots, a bit on the top and mostly on the side up the forearm pinky side. Nothing too bad yet. Ice and ibuprofen is all we've done.
Is this a common soreness for pitchers? Should I be worried and force some rest? Could it be from brush Interference?
She has been getting better with BI and is very skinny and boney. I know it hurts when she misses and hits her hip to solid.

Jul 9, 2016
Check with her Pitching Coach and make sure she is using proper mechanics.

Or post a few videos here and someone more knowledgeable will help you.

Release side video, back and front videos.

Good thing to keep chart on pitches thrown in game and practices.

Pitch counts add up with Excel Sheet, Dates, Pitches thrown, Innings Pitched.

Over use? Once you have been down this road, you start watching....counting.

Side note: High School Varsity still in State playoffs..#1 Pitcher - 3,000 game pitches since 3-19-19

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
If this lasts more than a few days, I would go see a physical therapist. You will probably be visiting them anyway if she stays in the game.

Be careful about always trying to reduce inflamation, that's the white blood cells rushing to repair the area.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Please post some video or PM the member of your choice for evaluation. I’ve not experienced wrist pain and have worked with over 200 kids. Video would be very helpful for anyone giving advice.

Mar 13, 2010
Ice it and rest.

If still having pain go to your PT. I have tennis elbow currently and it’s a pain. Pitched through my semis and then have had rest for two months.

May 25, 2018
from last week. Its still bothering her, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Just sore after she pitches. She isn't performing as well though, and I guess that could be part of it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think that overall, her form is above average! Nothing jumps out to me as out of the norm. Hopefully @Orthodoc stops by and can offer some input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101