Wrist Band Call System for Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2013
I am looking to develop a wrist band system for out 12U team, I am looking to go with the quarterback ones and see how it works, if it works well, I will upgrade to the evoshield. I am looking to see if anyone has a Microsoft Excel Template to use to go into. If not, I am going to create one

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I am trying to exercise self-control. My only hope is that this is a troll...

I failed... So:

When a pitcher has twelve pitches and the catcher has only five fingers, you just gotta go with an Excel spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ok. I will bite. What are the anticipated benefits of using a wristband system for pitch calling for your 12U team? Is there a specific issue you need to address? Have you given any consideration to what may be the downside of such a system?

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
1 = FB
2 = CU
3 = CB
4 = Whatever else....
1 = 1st base river
2 = 3rd base river
3 = High
4 = Low
or any simple combination as such...
too much more and at this level it is probably too complicated and is killing momentum. m2c

Mar 31, 2011
Used against us today and were very effective. Called pitch, location and defensive alignment. Defense shifted left, right, deep, in, bunt. But even more impressive was on offense. Every girl new the plan and they baited our team into a lot of bad throws/decisions. Very effective on getting everyone on the same page.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
We use them offensively and it is an effective system when done correctly. You'd have to be a CIA agent to steal signs.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I've used the wrist bands in the past.
Not so much for pitching but for defensive plays like shifts, pick offs, or cuts etc.
As far as pitching goes. The listing provided above by 02crush is clean and simple. Use it or make your own like it.
Disclaimer.... almost everyone has a fb as a 1 and a cu as a 2... so if sign picking is your concern, try mixing up the numbers to a fb is a 3 and a cu is a 1.

Dec 19, 2012
Used against us today and were very effective. Called pitch, location and defensive alignment. Defense shifted left, right, deep, in, bunt. But even more impressive was on offense. Every girl new the plan and they baited our team into a lot of bad throws/decisions. Very effective on getting everyone on the same page.

What?? A wristband system utilized by the other team caused your team to make bad decisions and bad throws?

Mar 28, 2013
Bling for the coaches. That's it. They might be good for a sweaty brow though. and they do make me laugh when the same team cant field or throw. So I guess I'm for the other teams using them.

Feb 7, 2013
The team that won 10u western nationals last summer used a colored fan to call all the pitches and alert the defense on strategy before every pitch. I don't think their success was a coincidence.

The way the game is coached is changing, you either get on board or mock it at your own demise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee