Would you let your DD use this ghost for playoffs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 1, 2014
Looks like two cracks - horizontal - one feels a little raised and had a remnant of a ball stuck to it after she hit a homerun with it. She didn’t tell me for 3-4 weeks. Then casually mentioned it. I bought her another. But she complains it’s not as hot as this one. Would you let her keep using or do you think it will negatively impact her hits?2C372DE3-C6F4-4279-9245-DAC537D84748.jpeg830AD628-66E5-490D-87B9-DE7F602BB69F.jpeg

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
If it is working and the umpire doesn't stop her from using it why not let her use it? Ours had less visible cracking than that and an umpire made us take it out of the dugout...

I take it that it is out of warranty? Otherwise get an RA and send it in...

Sep 1, 2014
Every hit that doesn’t go deep I wonder if it’s the crack. It is out of warranty and I have a new one but she still pulled this out in games and in practice and said it had more pop (until I took it away from her). A couple of dads said pull it because of crack. But I read on here that horizontal cracks are not that bad and that some continue to use because they get super hot when they start to develop horizontal cracks. She has a lot of confidence with this one - just not sure.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Should have nothing to do with the pop of the bat...and I would swing it until I wasnt allowed to.

Problem is, you are thinking about it everytime she doesnt get a hit and thinking its the bat. Sometimes, the ball
just isnt hit well...not the bat.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Every hit that doesn’t go deep I wonder if it’s the crack. It is out of warranty and I have a new one but she still pulled this out in games and in practice and said it had more pop (until I took it away from her). A couple of dads said pull it because of crack. But I read on here that horizontal cracks are not that bad and that some continue to use because they get super hot when they start to develop horizontal cracks. She has a lot of confidence with this one - just not sure.
But that's a vertical crack, not horizontal? I think maybe you got that mixed up? Also I'm no bat expert, but that does not look like webbing to me (type of cracks that develop when a composite bat gets super hot). I just sent a bat back to Easton for much less.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes, horizontal lines don't usually mean much...now don't get me wrong, still can mean a break is coming or an ump
may not allow it. Sharktooths are usually worse.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Hit it. Until it breaks or the warranty is about to run out. Put some hits on the other one in practice to get it ready.

Love dat crunchy sound.........

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Swing it until it breaks or gets pulled from the game. My DD's CF8 had the spiral cracks going right before it broke and it was hot as hell

Sep 1, 2014
Should have nothing to do with the pop of the bat...and I would swing it until I wasnt allowed to.

Problem is, you are thinking about it everytime she doesnt get a hit and thinking its the bat. Sometimes, the ball
just isnt hit well...not the bat.
Thanks - you are right. I appreciate it.