Worst Loss?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
No real bad losses for my DD yet, but my Legion team lost a 20 inning game in the state semis when a ground ball right to the first baseman hit a rock and bounced over his head. The two starting pitchers, who both threw 90 plus and were drafted in the top 5 rounds of the MLB draft, both went 11 shutout innings (doubt that happens anymore..lol). Worst part of it is I watched the last 8 innings on the bench after my coach yelled at me for swinging at a third strike over my head (ok it wasn't over my head but it was definitely not a strike) and I yelled back "no sh*& it wasn't a strike..thanks!!"..not my proudest moment :( I actually got along with that coach the best of any coaches (he was really low key is what I sort of needed with my temperament) I ever had but I think the moment got the best of both of us

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
I was HC in 10u rec, small league, we are playing in season ending champ game. Our best hitter is not there becuase of end of year class trip. We will battle, down 1 in top of 6th. runners on (dont remember where precisely, but at least one in scoring position), 1 out, DD at plate. hits a screamer, SS puts glove up over their shoulder, catches it. If she misses it, probably a triple, and game is tied or we are up one (hell, with the way things went in that rec league, DD might score, very aggressive even then, drew a lot of bad throws). Next batter grounds out to second to finish game. I gather girls into RF, tell mom with cupcakes to wait just a couple of minutes, girls all on a knee around me crying, especially DD, she swore when ball left her bat she was going to be hero. I am grinning ear to ear, I tell them that regardless of outcome, that was best game they played all year, and they had a great year, and I am incredibly proud of them. Takes a few minutes, and some cupcakes, but before they left, they were all smiling again, and many talking about next year.

Remember, it is just a game. What you take away from it inside you is WAY more important than any medals/tropies/titles.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Semi-final state championship game. We are the visiting team top of 7th down 2-0 with 2 outs and a runner on 1st. Our next batter hits one over the fence to tie the game. We are all so pumped now. Bottom of the 7th....... 3 consecutive singles, we never get an out and lose 3-2.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee