With regard to softball commentators - a pet peeve - great softball players are NOT studs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
I occasionally hear a commentator refer to a great player as a real stud. And I remember Sierra Romero tweeting that her sister was a real stud after hitting a home run. Now, I am fairly progressive. And I don't have a problem with the fact that terms like "you guys" have become gender neutral. And I know that many people are so far removed from our agrarian roots that if you say something is help together with baling wire, for example, they look at you strangely.

Having said all that, a stud performs certain functions which simply don't apply to woman and I wish the announcers would cease and desist.

Dec 11, 2010
I don’t care for that term either. For men or women. The last decent use of the word was by REO Speedwagon.

It’s a term that just doesn’t fit. I always think the person saying it could do better but isn’t interested in trying just a little bit harder.

Jun 8, 2016
You guys start talking about music and you lose me...(actually I think I gave everybody the cheat code to get rid of me on here..)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I occasionally hear a commentator refer to a great player as a real stud. And I remember Sierra Romero tweeting that her sister was a real stud after hitting a home run. Now, I am fairly progressive. And I don't have a problem with the fact that terms like "you guys" have become gender neutral. And I know that many people are so far removed from our agrarian roots that if you say something is help together with baling wire, for example, they look at you strangely.

Having said all that, a stud performs certain functions which simply don't apply to woman and I wish the announcers would cease and desist.
it was ALREADY an interesting word used crossing over from one deffinition into sports.
(ie: even with men)

Brings the conundrum
'are we picking on words?'
instead of
Recognizing how they are being used?!!

Yesterday a coach called me
'a Gourmet instructor'
Compaired to
'fast food instruction'
deffinetly an interesting crossover description to sports.

Heres another example
Screenshot_2021-05-27-06-32-27-1.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee