Wish me luck brothers!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know we cut up, have fun, and I love picking on you ”softball glove” guys! But I have my first assistant coaching gig since July 2019 this coming weekend. I did coach a MS boys baseball team in February/March this year, we got two games in before it was cut off because of the plague!

I’ve had two practices with this 18U team, we haven’t even gone over the call cards yet! :oops: This particular showcase is like the Walterboro, SC format. Every team gets two college coaches per team, so four coaches on the field at all times. Heck I don’t know half of these girls names!

But, hotel reserved and looking very forward to it! Funny thing, Anna just got home from college, she’s on break from tomorrow through Tuesday, this will be my first softball hotel stay ever without her! I just asked her if she wanted to go with me........blank stare, and a flat out NO........I’m sleeping in! :mad:

So, you guys please wish me just a little luck, HC told me I’ll be coaching 3B and calling some pitches while she’s talking to college coaches! This weekend I’ll probably be flying by the seat of my pants! Should be fun, and a little interesting!

I thought I was done with this craziness!

Jun 8, 2016
I know we cut up, have fun, and I love picking on you ”softball glove” guys! But I have my first assistant coaching gig since July 2019 this coming weekend. I did coach a MS boys baseball team in February/March this year, we got two games in before it was cut off because of the plague!

I’ve had two practices with this 18U team, we haven’t even gone over the call cards yet! :oops: This particular showcase is like the Walterboro, SC format. Every team gets two college coaches per team, so four coaches on the field at all times. Heck I don’t know half of these girls names!

But, hotel reserved and looking very forward to it! Funny thing, Anna just got home from college, she’s on break from tomorrow through Tuesday, this will be my first softball hotel stay ever without her! I just asked her if she wanted to go with me........blank stare, and a flat out NO........I’m sleeping in! :mad:

So, you guys please wish me just a little luck, HC told me I’ll be coaching 3B and calling some pitches while she’s talking to college coaches! This weekend I’ll probably be flying by the seat of my pants! Should be fun, and a little interesting!

I thought I was done with this craziness!
Good luck..break a water bottle.

Jan 8, 2019
Breathe and let the instincts kick in. It will be a blast!

Good to know the urge to sleep in even conquers high level athletes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802