Winter Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
1JsYnV.gif

Looking pretty good.
Do you have a side view? Maybe front toss?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
No. The problems I have with it is too me she is closing her front hip too much. That and what do u think about the bend the upper body is doing? Like she is collapsing up top.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
=Easton33;289461]No. The problems I have with it is too me she is closing her front hip too much. That and what do u think about the bend the upper body is doing? Like she is collapsing up top.[

Like this...
9uvpl5.gif

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
1JsYnV.gif

Looking pretty good.
Do you have a side view? Maybe front toss?

What do u call this type of start?

Bass, do you see any hip coil? Should she step more towards the home plate with the front foot? You want both feet on the same line? Is there a pause when she get her hand back? When should she drive her elbow back?

The reason I have these question is b/c I have a girl trying to learn this start for her swing.

Thanks for posting Easton!

Snf is that a drill to work on hip coil and uncoil?

Jun 1, 2013
You know I said coil which could be accurate but I think it better to revise and say she is closing that front side. We are working on that. Her little brother was doing the soft toss and she knew it would be on outside half. In the rest of the video (not posted) she tells him to throw inside and she doesn't step in at all. She comes back to neutral/slightly open on her feet but she still starts with her front side closed. We will get that out of her in a couple weeks I think.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
I am no expert but is she already loaded on the top when the ball is pitched? Does she do that in games? I like my hitter to b relax until the pitcher is starting her motion. No tension!

Do you have any example of this type of start? I think one of the colleges uses this style. Would like to see some video of player doing this.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I think her swing looks pretty good.

When you step out you want to be toe to toe.
Like draw a straight line in the dirt parallel to the plate. No matter how open you start, you should end up in a straight line even with the back foot., Not step open or step to far closed past the line.
I call it toe to toe

SL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
What do u call this type of start?

Bass, do you see any hip coil? Should she step more towards the home plate with the front foot? You want both feet on the same line? Is there a pause when she get her hand back? When should she drive her elbow back?

The reason I have these question is b/c I have a girl trying to learn this start for her swing.

Thanks for posting Easton!

Snf is that a drill to work on hip coil and uncoil?

Imo the start is just a bit ackward for her to do with side toss. The ball is being tossed into her. I would guess with front toss she does it a bit different. My does similiar, but her left foot is much more back. She actually toes the line on the 3rd base side of the batters box. Then with solid rear leg coils in slow and early, riding the coil out as she loads her hands and back.

Easton. She is doing pretty good IMO. With the side toss I wouldn't form any super solid advice. A little bit of reaching out with the front leg and a bit out of sequence. Pushing forward some instead of whipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802