Wilson Pro Stock Leg Guards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD has a set of the old stock ProMotion leg guards... Before I found them, I was looking at the ProStock. For me, they look and feel really good but I don't have any first hand experience with them. A lot of the features seem to be similar to the old ProMotion.

Regarding bats, DD swung a CF Zen until it seemed to lose its pop after 6 months or so and a lot of swings. Over the past 3 months or so, she slowly switched over to the FNX. She really likes the FNX. When we first came to the org, she was swinging a LS PXT, never really gelled with that bat. If you get LS for free, hard to beat the LXT.

Good luck and congrats to your DD.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
but who does this restriction to one brand help . . . not the players unless it is free . . . . not the parents . . . . oh that's right, it helps the people making $ of the players and their families. obviously the restriction comes with a price, and it seems it aint free gear, so it is money right into the orgs pocket. instead of taking money, why not contract with Wilson to provide free gear for X number of teams a year, but those teams must use wilson?

Yes, it's a money-maker for the org. The bottom line is simple...If you don't like it, don't join a BB team. As I said, it's a compromise we were willing to accept to be on this team.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD has a set of the old stock ProMotion leg guards... Before I found them, I was looking at the ProStock. For me, they look and feel really good but I don't have any first hand experience with them. A lot of the features seem to be similar to the old ProMotion.

Regarding bats, DD swung a CF Zen until it seemed to lose its pop after 6 months or so and a lot of swings. Over the past 3 months or so, she slowly switched over to the FNX. She really likes the FNX. When we first came to the org, she was swinging a LS PXT, never really gelled with that bat. If you get LS for free, hard to beat the LXT.

Good luck and congrats to your DD.

Thank you for the feedback actually related to the intended topic ;)

I've been hunting for ProMo legs, but haven't found them in DD's size yet, so we will likely end up with Pro Stocks.

We shall see what happens with bats. She can swing her CF8, for now.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
but who does this restriction to one brand help . . . not the players unless it is free . . . . not the parents . . . . oh that's right, it helps the people making $ of the players and their families. obviously the restriction comes with a price, and it seems it aint free gear, so it is money right into the orgs pocket. instead of taking money, why not contract with Wilson to provide free gear for X number of teams a year, but those teams must use wilson?
It absolutely helps the organization! When you have a huge, prestigious organization with a strong track record of getting girls committed, parents have to play a premium to get in the door, period!

I've never owned a organization before so take this with a grain of salt, Batbusters is a business, and I'd be willing to bet that they're NOT a non-profit organization! So in the big picture it's about the two main players here......Batbusters and Wilson!

And I agree with everything you said, but that's just not how it is!

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Sorry, Eric. We've not tried the pro stock legs. DD has had a pro stock helmet since her shock FX broke a few years ago, and she's happy with it, but helmets are completely dependent on head shape . Maybe you can find a Wilson Shock FX somewhere still.

I look forward to your review of the pro stock legs when you get them though. :D

Oh drat. I figured you'd get the new Jen Schroeder Easton gear(helmet at least) and we'd get a good review on that out of you. I guess that's out the window.

May 21, 2014
did you ever buy these? My kid doesn't like the Allstar because the plastic wraps around too far. It pushes against the back of her thighs because she's so lanky.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
did you ever buy these? My kid doesn't like the Allstar because the plastic wraps around too far. It pushes against the back of her thighs because she's so lanky.

They have been ordered through my DD's team, but it looks like they won't be getting their team gear until January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802