Wilson Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Looking to possible get a Wilson glove, A2000 12 inch with a closed web or an A2K 12 inch with a closed web, thoughts? Never owned a Wilson glove. Fits my DD hand better than Rawlings. Love her Marucci and may buy another.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD has both A2000's. A catcher mitt and a 12" Infielder glove-H Web. Purchased Fall of 2016. Going into the 7th and year of use. Fairly easy to break in if you follow Aso's tips.

Can't go wrong with these gloves.

Feb 28, 2022
Looking to possible get a Wilson glove, A2000 12 inch with a closed web or an A2K 12 inch with a closed web, thoughts? Never owned a Wilson glove. Fits my DD hand better than Rawlings. Love her Marucci and may buy another.
Which Marucci do you have?

Jan 28, 2017
Which Marucci do you have?
Bought a Cypress and loved it but really hard to break in (tad small). Then the Founders with kip leather and awesome glove (discontinued). Played with it in 2 weeks. Just bought another Cypress and it's a little bigger and will not take as long to break in as the first one. All 12 inch gloves.

Feb 28, 2022
Bought a Cypress and loved it but really hard to break in (tad small). Then the Founders with kip leather and awesome glove (discontinued). Played with it in 2 weeks. Just bought another Cypress and it's a little bigger and will not take as long to break in as the first one. All 12 inch gloves.
We're looking at the Palmetto for our DD. To the best of our understanding the Wilson A2000 34" catchers glove we bought her is just too big for her hand. We've tried everything to break it in for her but he hands to small to squeeze it properly. We're also looking at the Vinci gloves. Trying to figure it all out and not waste $ again. What position do you play? Our DD is a utility player and plays C, SS, and OF so we're trying to figure out what size fielding glove to get her.

Jan 28, 2017
We're looking at the Palmetto for our DD. To the best of our understanding the Wilson A2000 34" catchers glove we bought her is just too big for her hand. We've tried everything to break it in for her but he hands to small to squeeze it properly. We're also looking at the Vinci gloves. Trying to figure it all out and not waste $ again. What position do you play? Our DD is a utility player and plays C, SS, and OF so we're trying to figure out what size fielding glove to get her.
DD is 16 and has very small hands. P, 2nd, and 1st in TB. HS ball everywhere except 1st in the infield.

Feb 28, 2022
DD is 16 and has very small hands. P, 2nd, and 1st in TB. HS ball everywhere except 1st in the infield.
Ok our DD is 13 and has average 13yr old girl hands but the Wilson catchers mitt is just too much. Does your DD use the 12" glove everywhere? I'm thinking that size may make the most sense for our DD but with a web.

Jan 28, 2017
Ok our DD is 13 and has average 13yr old girl hands but the Wilson catchers mitt is just too much. Does your DD use the 12" glove everywhere? I'm thinking that size may make the most sense for our DD but with a web.
Yes posted a pic of her newest Cypress under lost glove.

I love the higher priced Marucci gloves but hard to find them to try on. That's the biggest issue, IMO. Found the last one on sale and took a chance and she loves it.

Feb 28, 2022
Yes posted a pic of her newest Cypress under lost glove.

I love the higher priced Marucci gloves but hard to find them to try on. That's the biggest issue, IMO. Found the last one on sale and took a chance and she loves it.
found it! Nice!

Nov 18, 2015
Our DD is a utility player and plays C, SS, and OF so we're trying to figure out what size fielding glove to get her.
Apologies if I already posted this in the other thread - my daughter is also a bit of a utility player. She has the A2000 MA14 (Monica Abbott model), which is 12.25". She has an all-star for catching, but uses the Wilson everywhere else (P, SS, OF, 3B, 1B (not often enough, in her opinion!). It's a super-skin (synthetic backing), but I wasn't about to be a purest for the price I paid during Black Friday about 3-4 years ago!

If she suddenly gave up pitching and focused on IF, I'd consider looking for a glove with a shallower pocket, and probably go no bigger than 12". But for now, as a first-year 14U team, it's doing a great job. (And at $209, it's also the cheapest I've seen advertised for any of the A2000 models).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28