Wilson Glove Day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
I was looking at those Matt. You’ll need to let us know how she likes it

She will likely start playing catch with it this weekend at some point. We have Sectionals on Saturday so she will finish out this season with her Vinci, but we will get some time Sunday to start breaking in the new one for travel ball. At first glance it looks good. Didn't know how I would like the Super Skin, and personally I wouldn't have it for my glove, but it does cut the weight down nicely and will be good for her.

20190919_175715.jpg20190919_175936.jpg20190919_180024.jpgTook a few pictures so you can get a better idea how it compares to an A2000 baseball glove (11.75). The softball glove, measures out to 11.75, so runs small like you would expect from Wilson or Rawlings. I expected the baseball glove to have a more shallow pocket in comparison to the fast pitch model, but they are actually pretty close to each other.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She will likely start playing catch with it this weekend at some point. We have Sectionals on Saturday so she will finish out this season with her Vinci, but we will get some time Sunday to start breaking in the new one for travel ball. At first glance it looks good. Didn't know how I would like the Super Skin, and personally I wouldn't have it for my glove, but it does cut the weight down nicely and will be good for her.

View attachment 15097View attachment 15098View attachment 15099Took a few pictures so you can get a better idea how it compares to an A2000 baseball glove (11.75). The softball glove, measures out to 11.75, so runs small like you would expect from Wilson or Rawlings. I expected the baseball glove to have a more shallow pocket in comparison to the fast pitch model, but they are actually pretty close to each other.
Wow, what a glove snob, almost embarrassing! :rolleyes: ;)

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
In all seriousness, I just prefer the weight. Nothing wrong with the Super Skin, I just like a nice smooth leather shell and the weight that comes with it. An easy fix, but I wish Wilson would use 1/4" lacing for the web and finger lacing. That may be something I change out .

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
In all seriousness, I just prefer the weight. Nothing wrong with the Super Skin, I just like a nice smooth leather shell and the weight that comes with it. An easy fix, but I wish Wilson would use 1/4" lacing for the web and finger lacing. That may be something I change out .
Yeah don't get me started on glove laces! I've been ragging on Vinci gloves for years now on just how terrible their laces are......looks like Rawlings has followed suit! Even on these high end Horween exclusives, the leather, the cut leather pieces, the build, the finish, all excellent! The laces........not so much, actually pretty disappointing!

Feel like I almost owe Drakemir an apology.......almost! ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

I with ya on that...hate the fake stuff put on gloves. Just give me a leather glove.

Oct 5, 2018
Delayed and missed out on the Wilson sale, but had been watching some other sites. Grabbed one today. With current 15% off code, tax, free 2day shipping code $158. They may have some other good deals to check out. I've been using a 15 year old Walmart 13" Rawlings. Should be a nice upgrade.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Delayed and missed out on the Wilson sale, but had been watching some other sites. Grabbed one today. With current 15% off code, tax, free 2day shipping code $158. They may have some other good deals to check out. I've been using a 15 year old Walmart 13" Rawlings. Should be a nice upgrade.

Beautiful glove, that’ll definitely be a nice upgrade! Just never figured out why Wilson uses that double knot at the base of the web? Seems too busy to me, and all the other 1799’s use a single knot.............you’re definitely going to love this pattern, and that price is just the cherry on top! Glad you were still able to snag one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802