Wilson a2000 or rawlings pro preferred for fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
Bill Plummer was a friend of my dad's . I met Omar in venzuela when Bill managed him and Andres Galaraga. He's always been a special player and a great human. He was such a pup. There was zero doubt about where he would end up. Seattle groomed him then traded him for Felix Fermin and Reggie Jefferson:ROFLMAO:

Since we're on funny Omar stories. He toted around his first Custom glove as a rookie and there was nothing custom about it. It was a 10.75. He was as happy as a pig in poop. Not sure why Clevenhagen didn't mention is in the article above. Glove people aren't funny

Jun 26, 2020
Wilson built me a 10.25 glove when I played the 5. I was barely bigger than my hand. They built it like my favorite catfish hunter with a dual hinge web (loved that glove). I was so excited when they brought it by the field. Opened it up and the piece of crap was navy blue. There was 2 of them. I never complained.
PM sent

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Of course I'm not joking. You field and catch with your fingers. How did you wear your glove when you played?

I have somewhat small hands so the majority of my gloves covered most of my hand.

Attachments

• 97AADF4A-ADA2-48E5-BBD9-00AE1F52E980.jpeg
    97AADF4A-ADA2-48E5-BBD9-00AE1F52E980.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Mar 28, 2016
I played SS in baseball until I was 19 and then fastpitch after. In baseball I preferred the smaller glove, but I never really had any issues of 'finding' the ball with a 12" glove in softball. My daughter plays SS and she loves her Softball A2000 12" glove. I don't think I would go smaller.

Mar 29, 2015
My DD loves her Wilson A2000 H1175 when playing SS or 2B. She has really small hands and she likes how it fits.
She's been getting some time in the outfield lately, too, and I've been looking for a larger glove for her to use out there, and am cross-shopping baseball gloves, too. How do the Pedroia fit handstalls compare to the Wilson FP gloves? Is there a Rawlings baseball pattern that is similarly designed for smaller hands? I was also thinking about a Bradley. Any other suggestions?

Oct 12, 2020
Not sure if this was directed towards me? Initially for me it was velcro, can’t stand the stuff on a ball glove! Then later when I became more involved in gloves......repairing, re-lacing, and breaking in for people it quickly became apparent that the internals in baseball gloves (higher quality gloves) were so much better than dedicated fastpitch / softball gloves!
Reviving an old thread but I'm curious whether the (presumably) larger finger stalls are an issue for younger, pre high school girls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog