Wilson a2000 or rawlings pro preferred for fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
You catch and field with your fingers. If you look in the catching section. A lot of people complain about catchers thumb. I always give the same answer. Learn how to catch. The further your hand goes into the glove the more separation you have between your thumb and index finger. It causes stiffness and injury. Most elite players don't want heel padding in their glove because it slows them down

View attachment 18583View attachment 18584View attachment 18585View attachment 18586View attachment 18587
Good infielders don't "catch" balls which they square up, they deflect off their index finger.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know I've posted this 2011 article here before, it talks about how Bob Clevenhagen who headed up the SLCS built Omar's glove for him in a hurry without any labels or script on it! Bob was the genius behind Rawlings!

***pattar, you've talked about the old Rawlings you used in college, there's a pretty high chance Bob designed your old glove!

Pretty sure adding the link would help!! :rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Velco is great on gloves when properly adjusted and left alone. I have 30 year old gloves and the velcro is still in great shape. Girls are always fooling with the velcro and its rarely adjusted right. Girls like their fingers jammed into the stalls and the velcro cinched tight. That's not how you wear a ball glove. This is how you wear a glove
View attachment 18580
That's how I wear mine as do the majority of MLB players. My daughter likes her hand stuffed all the way in.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@pattar

Don Morton Sports released an 11" full Horween SXSC, the model Vizquel made famous! Now are we finally getting down to the size that'll make you happy?

Man it'd take some great hands to use this glove, I read that the actual glove Omar used was actually 10.75". You know the smaller gloves are, the stiffer they are (smaller cut pieces are stiffer than larger pieces), I bet this glove is a BRICK!! And that one-piece web doesn't help either......

Jun 8, 2016
@pattar

Don Morton Sports released an 11" full Horween SXSC, the model Vizquel made famous! Now are we finally getting down to the size that'll make you happy?

Man it'd take some great hands to use this glove, I read that the actual glove Omar used was actually 10.75". You know the smaller gloves are, the stiffer they are (smaller cut pieces are stiffer than larger pieces), I bet this glove is a BRICK!! And that one-piece web doesn't help either......

Nice, I am more of an H-web guy but that size is great ;)

May 23, 2015
You know the smaller gloves are, the stiffer they are (smaller cut pieces are stiffer than larger pieces), I bet this glove is a BRICK!!

Wilson built me a 10.25 glove when I played the 5. I was barely bigger than my hand. They built it like my favorite catfish hunter with a dual hinge web (loved that glove). I was so excited when they brought it by the field. Opened it up and the piece of crap was navy blue. There was 2 of them. I never complained.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812