Will the 2020 USFA World Series in Panama City Beach take place July 4-11? Opinions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Unless something significant changes and things reverse course in Florida, then you will probably see that event go forward as planned. Panama City Beach opens its fields May 15 and there is a decent sized USFA tournament that is going to be held there Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-24).

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Unless something significant changes and things reverse course in Florida, then you will probably see that event go forward as planned. Panama City Beach opens its fields May 15 and there is a decent sized USFA tournament that is going to be held there Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-24).

Assuming the Memorial Day tournaments are played (there are at least 3 planned); expect it to go ahead in some form. Unless the governor specifically bans them moving ahead, they will be played.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
We were supposed to be playing in the PGF State Championship weekend of 5/16-5/17 and the PGF ATL Memorial Day Classic 5/23-5/25. Both have been moved to June.

Thanks. Yeah it is really a hodge podge right now, which is why I asked which tournaments. It all depends on the State, County, City and whatever restrictions they place on holding the event. A lot of event organizers cannot hold a large event within crowd size restrictions, some do not want the liability. Big tournaments (really most) run on the gate fee and reductions in crowd size can make the event have some financial issues.

One of the alphabet associations has a couple of semi-large events scheduled in GA which is why I asked which one. Conyers-McDonough appear to be open for ball 5/23 unless something changes. Cordele-Dublin has 86 teams on 5/30.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23