Will others follow Texas lead on summer play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Do they? I wouldn't think college coaches care too much about how many strong innings a 15/16 year old can throw. Obviously things are going to be different when she is 18/19 and in a college S&C program. That's part of the development process that all coaches should be anticipating.
Plus how many college pitchers actually go 7 innings? Not too many anymore.

Maybe I should have been more clear and not just referenced pitching and yes, many like to see them go more than the 2 to 3 innings you will get in most games at some of the time limited showcase events. Batting adjustments, more opportunities at the plate, pitcher endurance, drive. I agree that they will be different but the more the college coach can see you would have to believe the better his/her informed decision would be on any player.

Before we get into that discussion, I am in no way advocating that 15/16 year old pitchers should be throwing excessively either.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
they wlll play weekday league games and also use some Friday night Showcase pool games to complete the "league" schedule. The goal is to get every team 8 games but some teams may not get a full 8 because of logistics. The big thing is the end of season WCWS Formatted tournament in Dallas that will have coaches attending. The league play results are used to seed the end of season tournament
Tournament a great goal for league!

Feb 25, 2018
This confused me. The TFL is meant to be something in addition to regular showcases. They are going to use some showcase pool games as league games so the two are actually intertwined, not in opposition to one another and it's definitely not meant to be an alternative to showcases. The TFL isn't meant to replace showcases at all. It is meant to compliment them. It does nothing more than provide more opportunities for the girls to play meaningful games.

What is a "meaningful" game? Are there "meaningful" games in a showcase? Showcase formats are convenient for coaches and a money maker.

Mar 28, 2014
What is a "meaningful" game? Are there "meaningful" games in a showcase? Showcase formats are convenient for coaches and a money maker.
There are now if you are in the TFL. That's the whole point. There were no meaningful games previously. Now there will be.

Jun 8, 2016
Nov 5, 2014
Anybody else see this?

DD's org head was one of the organizers (Madden). Wonder if the org is going to "encourage" her team to do this..at 12U I am not sure there is much benefit.
Mojo announced one for the southeast also called Conference of the South

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802