Wild pitch versus passed ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
LOL lighten up "Coach." BREAKING NEWS!!! Softball is not baseball, much less MLB. Changeups in the dirt are, AFAIK, much less a part of the pitching plan in MLB. Regardless, go ahead and score a pitch the way you want; I'll do the same and be okay with *gasp* being (wrong!!!!!). I'm not scoring an error on the pitcher (effectively what a "wild" pitch is saying) if the pitch was not "wild" and was delivered as intended, with the intended effect. Report me to the scoring police.

Or you could try to get better at something and learn to do things the correct way instead of being an internet troll.

By the way, if you think that intentional pitches in the dirt aren't part of baseball, well, that explains a lot actually.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Or you could try to get better at something and learn to do things the correct way instead of being an internet troll.

By the way, if you think that intentional pitches in the dirt aren't part of baseball, well, that explains a lot actually.

Tsk tsk name-calling. Mind your temper "Coach."

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
It if bounces it's a WP. It's like a throw from in IF to first. Now that doesn't mean I don't blame the C for not blocking of think the 1B should scoop the throw but it still on the thrower.

I'm calling bullshit on that. A one hopper to first has to be caught. I'm not giving an error to the thrower if a one hopper hits the 1B in the glove and they can't come up with it. 1B has to make tough plays too.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
I know WP & PB are not "errors" but they are viewed similarly... a mistake that allowed runners to advance, so...

If I ask the pitcher to bounce their change, and I ask my catcher to catch a pitch in the dirt, and my pitcher successfully accomplishes her task and my catcher does not, then I'm not giving the "error" to my pitcher.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Like Canyonjoe said the thrower gets the PB or E. Doesn't matter how you FEEL about it. Next thing you will want to do is not call the off the handle spinner dinker over the 1st baseman's head a single. I mean it was a great pitch and the hitter didnt square it up at all. How can that be a hit? Scoring can be subjective to a point but a ball in the dirt then the thrower gets the E.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812