Who would you prefer to teach you DD, to pitch, C Thomas or J Taylor?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
Jennie Finch and Cat Osterman are horrible teachers. What experience and examples do you have of either of these two college pitchers teaching?

-W

I know another "world class" pitcher--I won't name names. She stinks at coaching period. She had a short run as a travel ball coach and we played against her team often, a few players of ours went to play for her thinking it would help them with their college exposure. Oh their team was horrible and they complained all the time about her. Her pitching instruction is the same, but she get the kids because they think her name will help them get that scholarship.

Jan 25, 2011
Georgia will be moving on up now. Hide and watch. I don't like him, but I love his teachings. He is great for girls FP. The guru on here isn't cracked up to be what you all think.
Well since my dd all ready goes to Bill and we live real close to Bill and we like him , Not just as PC, but as a person. My I ask what guru are you talking about.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Bill isn't on here, anymore, so take a guess, and the 1st 2 don't count. It is more of my business why I don't like him. Did you tell him I was talking about him, as a good pitching coach? Tattle tale. Hopefully we will see your DD pitching on TV for one of the top 25 D1 colleges one day. Maybe Georgia.

Dec 20, 2012
Depends on if you want a pitching instructor or a coach that is at a college program. Just an instructor, there are many in the country. Some well known and some you'll never know their name. A great instructor for your daughter may not be a great instructor for mine. Never been to Hillhouse but some say he is the best.

If you want somebody that is coaching college ball, Mike White would be #1 on my list. Look at the stats Hawkins and Moore are putting up and they are second only to Ricketts and Gascoigne as a 1, 2 combo IMHO. I really like Gillis and Lombardi as well.

May 10, 2010
There are many outstanding pitchers that do not pitch top 25 D1. It is apparent that who is the best could be a touchy subject. Even if we could agree would that make them the best pc for our daughters? I wish we lived in an area where we could pick and choose pitching coaches. We can debate mechanics all day long and rehash it all under different thread names. In all many on this forum dd are any where from 6 to 18 and are trying to improve to the next level, what ever that may be. I wonder how many on tv miss there location or throw the wrong pitch. 1 pitcher I asked at a camp said she just throws as hard as she can. She could throw 70 though. So it makes you wonder. Just for the record I really like Fico at LSU and Ricketts at OSU.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Is it just me or does everyone forget tyhat a scvhools curriculum can dictate the choice of school a pitcher picks?

I had a student from Australia that got 3 full ride offers from D1 schools and 2 from D2. She wanted a career in some type of specific physical therapy. The only one that offered what she needed was one of the D2 schools.

People here seem to think that unless a pitcher is at one of the biggest name D1 schools, that they are less of a pitcher and deserve little respect. In many cases, that is just not true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478