Who said you have to move forward?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

May 12, 2016
Here's a good example of a very subtle load.. Molitor is one the best examples of a hitter that I can think of who almost starts in load position

gif.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Show, that's who I was thinking about.. neither Show or Soto are in launch position in the beginning though, there are things happening before heel plant to get them FYB

Yes, not a static start in the launch position or FYB. It’s an attitude and being 80% coiled and then just finishing it off. It’s a different style then Harper or Betts.

Reminds me of the Alexander technique, we’re there isn’t an ideal position to obtain.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
Here is the thing, there are a bunch of players that do different things. To a HIGH level. However, there are the ones that separate themselves from the bunch of the really, really good players. The best of the best. Be careful in looking at a pretty good players and saying "look there". Look at the HOF players. For softball, look at Lauren Chamberlain, look at Sierra Romero. Baseball, Trout, Bonds, etc. Don't fall for the trap of well player xyz is hitting well by doing xyz. Find what is in common between the HOF players and make sure those things are in place.

Once those are in place then let them be them. I have a player when switching them to no stride made them a monster, and a player where switching her to no stride made her pull everything foul. She went back to a small but effective leg kick and was able to hit line to line. No two players are the same.

Show them a stride, show them a big stride IE Donaldson, show them no stride. They will find what works for them and be more educated through the process.

So to respond to your topic: The HOF players have a COM forward move of some sort. Some more than others, some less, but the HOF players DO NOT sit and spin.

May 12, 2016
The best get there differently, but they all get there.
gif (3).gif Capture2.PNG

gif (4).gif Capture1.PNG

gif (5).gif Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads