Who said an arm bar is bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Watching Perry Husband showing kids DBSF. They all do it. When I alerted him of the issue he said some of those kids hit 100 ball exit speed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Question, is he swinging down from above in this clip?

I never got into what swinging down from above really meant, although I can see it in this swing.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
When people talk about arm bar in a swing I don’t think this is what they talking about. Generally it’s after launch, not during the load. Most people would agree it’s ok to arm bar(or close to it) during the load. It’s after launch when the arm bars people have an issue with... not saying I am one of those people. JMHO

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When people talk about arm bar in a swing I don’t think this is what they talking about. Generally it’s after launch, not during the load. Most people would agree it’s ok to arm bar(or close to it) during the load. It’s after launch when the arm bars people have an issue with... not saying I am one of those people. JMHO

Yes, all Husbands kids on one of his DVD’s shows the bad arm bar, which he also thinks you should arm bar to reach top exit velocity. It’s the bad arm bar, DBSF. Elbow getting ahead the hands/barrel.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

This isn’t the same as Cabrera either. Although it is interesting that all hitters have a launch position.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
To be fair, Husband claims to work with Oklahoma and ucla hitters. I think him and Todd Budke work together

I have the video of the UCLA hitter. She had an early stride and drift forward. They changed the sequence of the stride, Garcia correct?

I like his material and how to get data from hitting targets. A feedback system of measuring exit speed and targets.

It’s just a case of teaching something, barred straight arm at any cost. All the kids had the same issues. All swinging flat with an upright posture. Their swings followed the upright posture. There was no tilt.

Last edited:
May 11, 2014
Yes Garcia, the article I read didn't go into much detail, just titled using old school teaching methods. I don't think the original video talked about arm bar much, I'll need to rewatch. Him and O'leary got into a disagreement over hitting on twitter?, interesting reading.

Jul 29, 2013
I have the video of the UCLA hitter. She had an early stride and drift forward. They changed the sequence of the stride, Garcia correct?

I like his material and how to get data from hitting targets. A feedback system of measuring exit speed and targets.

It’s just a case of teaching something, barred straight arm at any cost. All the kids had the same issues. All swinging flat with an upright posture. Their swings followed the upright posture. There was no tilt.
How did they hit the ball?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
How did they hit the ball?

They hit the ball fine with a flat path, just no sign of tilt or the swing following the tilt of the posture. There was no tilt, just upright posture. That’s the thing I mentioned their swing path and he said a few of them hit 100 exit speed growing up. That’s a horrible way to look at feedback. There are many ways to look at and achieve the feedback. Just because you have 100 mph exit speed doesn’t mean you have an efficient swing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478