Who is still Coaching after dd has moved on?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Did you get hooked on fastpitch :)

Who is still Coaching after your dd moved on?

Thank you Coaches!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I was offered a nice team in the Bat Busters org but decided I didn't want to devote that much time to it. Instead I coached 8 and 10U Rec. It was great. After having this spring cancelled I think I may have it out of my system. Besides it's DDs last year to play.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
I thought I would be hanging it up when DD aged out 12 years ago. Then a buddy of mine had a team with his DD on it so he asked me to consider helping him out. I thought do I really want to do this again? I went deep down and the answer I came up with was yes, yes I would. We had 3 really good years together. Then unfortunately he developed stage 4 colon cancer and passed on. I promised him I would carry on and as the team aged out I got asked to coach HS softball and that's where I remain 8 years later.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Still coaching HS and an AC now and do hitting lessons. (None this summer since no HS coach can use our cages.) At some point soon, I will stop. I've bored people on this site since it first began and have developed some great friends. Seeing their success and that of their dds helps keep me on this site and still in the game.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I thought I would be hanging it up when DD aged out 12 years ago. Then a buddy of mine had a team with his DD on it so he asked me to consider helping him out. I thought do I really want to do this again? I went deep down and the answer I came up with was yes, yes I would. We had 3 really good years together. Then unfortunately he developed stage 4 colon cancer and passed on. I promised him I would carry on and as the team aged out I got asked to coach HS softball and that's where I remain 8 years later.
Sorry about your friend.
Good legacy you continued!

Nov 29, 2009
Coached for 12 years at various age levels without a DD on the team. Haven't coached for the last 3 years. May help out with a 10U team next year.

Sure am glad I'm not coaching this year. What an absolute mess!!!

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
In my 3rd and final season of coaching after my DD moved on. Stayed with the 18U Showcase team to see the freshman we brought in graduate. Time to move on to umpiring "fulltime".

Mar 8, 2016
DD is moving on to college in a month. I had decided I needed to give something back to the game that has given so much to my DD and myself. I was going to either umpire or coach. I have been asked to help coach her old 18u travel team and her HS team. It will be different but I am looking forward to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802