Who is in whos camp?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm in the hi front leg kick because I don't want my DD to be semi pro
6be5625582dca651e1f50bc28c7b1341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Casey Smith getting big endorsement. Going to check him out!
YouGoProBaseball does a lot with fellow coaches. Sort of like DFP. He and Casey Smith were teammates. This was quite a series.

Jan 11, 2020

- 7 Simple Hitting Drills Using Only A PVC Pipe! [HUGE RESULTS]

Jan 12, 2020

- Baseball Swing Mechanics & Hitting Drills! Part 2 of Talking Baseball Hitting Tips at The Hit Lab!

Jan 13, 2020

- Baseball Swing Mechanics: To Hit Off The Batting Tee or Not?

Jan 14, 2020

- The Hit Lab Hitting Talk Part 4: Baseball Swing Mechanics & Mindset

Jan 15, 2020

- TRUST YOUR BASEBALL SWING!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
Too many "camps"/instructors/coaches have contributed to all of the things I've learned and teach now...and for sometime now. So I guess it would probably be something like...

"Camp AyersFrantaDalgrinWilliamsHudgensEdwardsShenckTewksButlerDuncanMilesAndSomeIveCertianlyForgot".

May 16, 2019
About 4 years ago I found Richards site Hitting illustrated , this was pre Aaron Judge announcement it was a lot easier to reach and talk to him In those days. I had a 1 on 1 lesson and took two students for a lesson with him.

I’m a high school coach with a few private students learning this hitting method . My 1st student I coached this to is playing Division 1 softball. I’m fortunate to work with Maddie and Haley who both have increased their ball flight distance 30-50 feet.

I have no problem with any other Hitting styles At one time , I’ve studied almost all of them. I’m not out to prove or convince anyone of anything but to share my experience and what I’ve learned if someone is interested.

I continue to study and am always willing to share thoughts and ideas with other hitting enthusiasts.

I also had several conversations over the phone with five frame about 6yrs ago. I learned quite a bit from him. Good luck. Mike

Aug 2, 2019
I don't have enough softball's behind my name so my comment may not be warranted...but We like Casey
Smith (out front hitting), Matt Antonelli, Matt Lisle (who may be "controverisal" to some but he's had very good success at the Softball college level everywhere he's been). I guess we're not believers in the Baseball vs. Softball swing and believers in a high level swing is a high level swing. We also believe at the end of the day the athletecism of the player is a big factor as well.

Ultimately we think an AT BAT is a terrible thing to waste.

ETA.....FFS is our hitting instructor so I guess we're in the FFS camp. And Cannonball's daughter with a "baseball" swing had high level success
I may be in the FFS camp as well. I find myself saying FFS (unabbreviated of course) several times every hitting session with DD.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I'm in the camp of whatever helps my DD be her best. Current camp activities include rear hip pivot, one-legged launch, and TTB.
I'm in the camp of whatever helps my DD be her best. I am in this camp too!
but not this camp: rear hip pivot, one-legged launch,

So to help me sort you guys out, I have come up with another question.
Whos swing mechanics do you prefer more Barry Bonds or JD Martinez?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802