who defines potential?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2015
I've often thought of coaching as the athletic form of the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't always make it drink." I have done everything possible at times to provide drills, reps., outside resources, outside practices, everything imaginable to get my ladies to discover what they can do - some take advantage of it and do it, and some don't because all they know is what they are told at home/in school (about "all they'll ever become"), so it's burned in their brains they can't do well, which is hard to overcome. Not impossible, just difficult.

I do what I can just to tell my ladies, "I don't expect perfection, but I do expct your best. If your best on a given day is 80%, that's what it is, but you better give me 100% of your 80%." In some cases, the numbers make them dizzy, though I know what I'm talking about. If I feel they are giving me their best, they will know what they are capable of with what they do/accomplish.

Jun 22, 2019
How conversation goes with me:
Fine, you define potential, but I define practice time and identify lack of effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee