white pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
Southeast
Blast them at the car wash. That gets about 80% of the dirt and grime out of them. If you can find an old fashioned one with a pressure washing head. Only 1 In our area that I was able to find. The rest are automated drive through. I guess more money that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 1, 2016
True Story...

Standing in the concession line a few years back and I was complaining on how my DD pants looked as I was about to buy her a cheeseburger. An older lady tuned and said "Murphy's Oil Soap". I exclaimed, "The stuff you put on your wood?!" She said "Yep!" Her grandmother used it do get red clay out her and her brothers clothes back in the day.

Used it once, have not turned back..

Directions:

Soak white pants in Murphy's for 24hrs ( if time permits)
Then throw in a regular wash cycle.

Then look at your DD and just drop the MIC.

Amazing stuff right there...

Keeps the color on piping and does not cause the buttons to turn color either.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
True Story...

Standing in the concession line a few years back and I was complaining on how my DD pants looked as I was about to buy her a cheeseburger. An older lady tuned and said "Murphy's Oil Soap". I exclaimed, "The stuff you put on your wood?!" She said "Yep!" Her grandmother used it do get red clay out her and her brothers clothes back in the day.

Used it once, have not turned back..

Directions:

Soak white pants in Murphy's for 24hrs ( if time permits)
Then throw in a regular wash cycle.

Then look at your DD and just drop the MIC.

Amazing stuff right there...

Keeps the color on piping and does not cause the buttons to turn color either.

Now that's a new one!

Apr 28, 2016
I do a combination of Murphy’s Oil Soap, Blue Dawn, and Iron Out—it is AMAZING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
Depends on where you live. If the dirt has a lot of iron, go with super iron out. We are in GA so everything has to be soaked in that toxic stuff. I use 1cup to super hot water in a bucket with a little liquid tide. Soak for a minimum of 4 hrs, no scrubbing needed. The trick is to put the powder in 1st, hold your breath (or use a mask) and add the water. When you see the cloud of toxins, walk away at least 15ft and take another deep breath, hold it and grab a long plastic spoon and stir the crap out of it quickly before you pass out. Now the toxic cloud should be somewhat dissipated so you can add the detergent and the pants/socks. You should be able to do some quick short breaths here as the mix isn't too awful. It does go away after awhile but if you get a lungful of that stuff, good luck because you will feel like throat and lungs have been burned by acid. The downside to the iron out is that zippers will start to rust over time or you may end up in the ER from the fumes. If there isn't any iron in the dirt, you can soak in white brite for a few hours then take some detergent to the knees or anywhere else it's bad. No toxic cloud from White Brite so you shouldn't need the hazmat mask. I would also recommend if you use super iron out that you do not use the bucket or spoon for anything but uniforms.

Mar 29, 2017
Depends on where you live. If the dirt has a lot of iron, go with super iron out. We are in GA so everything has to be soaked in that toxic stuff. I use 1cup to super hot water in a bucket with a little liquid tide. Soak for a minimum of 4 hrs, no scrubbing needed. The trick is to put the powder in 1st, hold your breath (or use a mask) and add the water. When you see the cloud of toxins, walk away at least 15ft and take another deep breath, hold it and grab a long plastic spoon and stir the crap out of it quickly before you pass out. Now the toxic cloud should be somewhat dissipated so you can add the detergent and the pants/socks. You should be able to do some quick short breaths here as the mix isn't too awful. It does go away after awhile but if you get a lungful of that stuff, good luck because you will feel like throat and lungs have been burned by acid. The downside to the iron out is that zippers will start to rust over time or you may end up in the ER from the fumes. If there isn't any iron in the dirt, you can soak in white brite for a few hours then take some detergent to the knees or anywhere else it's bad. No toxic cloud from White Brite so you shouldn't need the hazmat mask. I would also recommend if you use super iron out that you do not use the bucket or spoon for anything but uniforms.

WOW, as someone who work's as a Safety Professional, reading this almost gave me a heart attack. PLEASE, be careful.

Apr 16, 2013
I think it should be said, adding to what Ariel mentioned, do the iron out in a bucket outside! It reeks of an acidic smell that is atrocious. You'll only use it once inside. After that, live and learn. LOL

Sep 3, 2018
Sons team always wore white pants and in hs they wore all white. The girls team this year wears white pants about half the time.
As with the son's kits hers goes in a bucket with iron out, Murphy's oil soap and dawn dish detergent to soak for at least 6 hours and then in to the washing machine.
At sparklers last year I showed that trick to many of the other parents on her team and all were shocked at how white the soak would get the uniforms.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood