White pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hello Again,
My team has white pants and black pants. My mom loves it when we wear our black ones because they are easier to clean. But she hates it when we wear our white ones because she can never get them clean! I know there are lots of frustirated moms out there like mine when it comes to cleaning white pants, so if you have any tips to help my mom and other softball moms out I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

May 8, 2008
South Florida
I know how your Mom feels!! My dd wears white pants as well and she is a shortstop in college and all I can say is yes it is frustrating but the trick in getting them clean is as soon as you get home from playing spray them really well with "SHOUT" and then after that soaks in I would put water in the washer with Tide and BLEACH lots of bleach and let it soak in the washer for at least an hour depending how bad they are and they always came out clean!!! GOOD LUCK:D

Jun 21, 2008
This is the best formula for cleaning white pants that we have come across. Take Oxi-Clean and Clorox 2 with hot water in a bucket and soak the pants for a few hours. You might have to rub some of the spots.
then take the pants out, throw them in the washer with a little more Clorox 2 and Oxi_Clean, they come out like new. This has worked on grass, mud, clay, chocolate, strawberry slushie, etc. Haven't found anything it won't take out.

Jun 2, 2008
Fels Naptha - Softball moms best buddy.

Fels Naptha Soap

You can buy it at Publix, Meijer, and probably a bunch of other big name grocery stores in the detergent section. Its a bar soap, take a little work, but that red clay is gone.

This stuff is great.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, I second Fels Naptha, but an easier product to find is Dial soap. Wet the stain and wet the bar of soap. Scrub the area with the bar of soap and launder as usual.

By the way, I always made my kids do their own laundry - from 5th grade on. :)

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
there's some great info here that is much appreciated.
This year DD's new team has white pants (only) and Coaches shirts are White.
So both of us have laundry problems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802