Whip Hit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Just wondering if anyone has used this tool and what you think of its effectiveness in terms of training kids on the inside out swing, hand eye coordination, etc...
Steg

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I use it and it is the best tool on the market to teach a correct swing and hand path.
At first my kids couldn't hit the ball off the T. Then we went to soft toss and now they can hit a whiffle golf ball. Results hitting speak for themself.
1. You cannot cast your hands out.
2. You cannot pull out on the front side.
3. It forces you to hit with the sweet spot of the bat, creating more power..

May 12, 2008
Depends on what you call an inside out swing but well used it is a good tool. The thinking on this goes back at least as far as Adair's book on the physics of baseball where he said the bat should be swung like a "rock on a rope".

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
It was tested by Team China , since the hitting coach behind the tool worked with the team in China. Many on team USA have tested it and the Candrea now has the drills. I have one of the first made. You must have a good first move to the ball and the correct hand path. It will punish you if you roll your wrists early and what we call a back slapper. It hurts when it hits you in the back and your extension is poor. My dd is 14 and can soft toss with it. The person behind the whiphit works with Bustos and has designed many hitting devices.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I posted another thread about using a towel with a knotted end for working on swinging when in the hole for LL games - seems like the same results could be achieved for alot less money.

May 28, 2008
just receieved mine so maybe this weekend we will get it out and see what happens.

It makes sense that it should help the kids understand the correct form. At least I hope it does.

May 12, 2008
I posted another thread about using a towel with a knotted end for working on swinging when in the hole for LL games - seems like the same results could be achieved for alot less money.

That would work. A home made medicus bat would work. A rope bat would work. But I suspect the ball on the end and the challenge of hitting the ball with the ball would keep them using it much longer. Photo 28 of 31, Analysis

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I was wonderin'....when you use a rope bat, are you hitting a softball or something lighter?

Didn't someone on this board make a home-made Whip-Hit bat?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We hit softballs . Yes I make my own. We progessed to this point from the towell and other devices. What Mark stated is correct. This was tested and improved over the years, before it ever hit the market. Probably a 100 plus kids have used it before it was every marketed..

Oct 14, 2008
It is one of the best tools you can use, once they graduate from the tee using softballs to soft toss we use golf ball sized wiffle balls pitched to them, we use it in the cage, (baseball only, softball cage balls have to much mass and can cause a rebound that smacks the hands) we even do a 2 tee drill one behind the other, hitting the rear ball thru the front, inside outside and over the top, It has become the main warm up tool for us before a game

Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802