Which bat to buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2019
So my daughter has decided to return back to her first love....softball. She is a Sophmore now and hasnt played for 2 years due to Cheer. She has always had a powerful swing. I just dont know what to get her. We have swung bats at our local sporting goods stores and she says they just dont feel right. They where all a -10 that she tried. We live in Central California and all we have are DicksSportingGoods. They dont carry -9's what so ever. Should I bite the bullet and get a 349.00 -9 for her to try, or should we stick with a -10 and let her swing adjust to the bat.

Does anyone have recommendations for -10 bats that seem to be endloaded?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So my daughter has decided to return back to her first love....softball. She is a Sophmore now and hasnt played for 2 years due to Cheer. She has always had a powerful swing. I just dont know what to get her. We have swung bats at our local sporting goods stores and she says they just dont feel right. They where all a -10 that she tried. We live in Central California and all we have are DicksSportingGoods. They dont carry -9's what so ever. Should I bite the bullet and get a 349.00 -9 for her to try, or should we stick with a -10 and let her swing adjust to the bat.

Easton Ghost. Actual weight is about an ounce more than sticker weight, and it has a slight end load. It's also one of the hottest bats available right now.

Also...as long as it's not a Demaini or LS you're looking for, PM @CoreSoftball20 for the best deal on bats. He's a legit dealer than MANY of us have worked with for a long time. I've personally had over a dozen bats come through my hands for my DD, her teammates, and our friends, plus have sent quite a few people to Core directly. His service is as awesome as his prices.

In other news...Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :)

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Just to be safe, buy them all! There is no such thing as too many high end bats. Obviously in jest, but the safest start is the ghost. Same with gloves, once you go high end, there's no coming back from that rabbit hole

May 24, 2013
So Cal
which model I see the 2020 went super balanced. I can get a good price on a 2018 model.

"Balanced" has become a marketing buzzword, and gets used in the context that more "balance" is better. The thing is, there is no specific definition of what "balanced" means. Every bat has a balance point. Some are more towards the handle. Some are more towards the barrel. One is not better than another.

My DD has both the 2018 and 2020 Ghosts. The balance didn't change, and both have a slightly end-loaded feel.

FWIW, my DD is also a HS sophomore who hits with power.

May 17, 2017
Can't go wrong with buying a bat from Core ,,2018 is yes an asa bat but also can be used for high school AND college . I too have bought bats from Core and so has many of my DD teammates. Just pm him or text him ,,,Good luck!

Apr 28, 2019

2020 Ghost if she is a strong hitter. Also Xeno and Quatro Pro are good choices.
Definitely demo if you are able to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802