Which bat- RocketTech vs CF3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
After deciding that DD is ok with her existing bat, I thought I'd ask for some input on this future question. I had previously decided that DD would be ready to move up to a RocketTech for her next bat. Then I started hearing good stuff about the CF3 that made it sound like a good bat for her.

I understand that the RT is end-loaded- is the CF3 also?
The CF3 is a Composite and the RT is not, but how do they compare?
Do they both require a break-in period? I know the CF3 is new, but how does the lifespan of a composite bat and a Rockettech compare?
She has not swung either bat yet and I hope to be able to find both in a store around here. Performance-wise I'm just doing my homework.

thank you.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
10 is balanced 9 is E/L unless you have a 2004/5 R/T, no comparrison in the pop between the 2, cf3 wins hands down
That should answer most of your questions from someone that got to test the new models.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Thanks!

I've been seeing the CF3 showing up in the College games, but I don't see the RT. (Maybe marketing?)

The -9 CF3 was what I was considering. I could get a 33/24 which is 1" longer than her current bat and the same weight. With the end loading I know the swing weight will be greater but at least she's not increasing batweight, length and swing weight all at the same time.
I'm thinking I may get it well before she "needs" it for her to start getting used to the increased length and swing weight. That's the reason I scout this stuff out in advance.
thanks again!

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I see most of the colleges in this area going with the CF3. They are getting a great deal on the price. Way less buying for the whole team than we can get them for.

Feb 16, 2009
DD seems to swing better with a -9 and her RT. She in fact just started using her 04 at hitting practice and was doing so well w/it she's going to break it out this weekend for the first tourney. She also has a Rip-It FP Elite (-9) and a Phenix -10 (which we feel is too light for her and will be selling soon). But my question is the same mentioned above - why does no college player swing a RT? Have they ever? Is it just a matter of freebees?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, it is a matter of freebies. If they have a sponsor, they have to go with that bat. A couple of years ago, U of AZ was sponsored by Worth and now they are sponsored by Nike.

We generally don't even discuss those bats. These D1 athletes know that it isn't the bat it is the batter.

I was told that Anderson doesn't wish to sponsor teams, very often.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Now I have another question, would a 33 be too big for her? she's 14, 5'-0" 128 lbs.
as I mentioned before she's currently swinging a 32/24.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
my advice to parents who ask me is, a small/not very strong batter (10U/12U or even a 14U who doesn't have very much strength) should use a -10 drop, as she doesn't need a bat too heavy that her bat speed is adversaly affected. As the girls get older and stronger and as they begin to weight train and condition, I recommend they begin to swing a -9 drop, as they are swinging much more often and should be working bat speed and her added strength allows her to drive through contact and handle a slightly heavier bat. I also like my girls swinging a bat between 80-100X daily - 6 days a week with CORRECT mechanics. (Tee drills, soft-toss, mirrors, or any other drills that enable her to swing her bat will help with strength and bat speed. Keys are she keeps hands back, HEAD on CONTACT! and she CONCENTRATES to NOT let her hips fly open, otherwise she will learn bad muscle memory that at practice will be harder to break. yeah-yeah-yeah, I know - there are many keys, but keep it simple for the girls, and make sure the most obvious are not being worked incorrectly.)

May 8, 2008
Cf3?

Can you please tell me who makes the CF3? I have the rockettek in my area but I have not seen a CF3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802