Where to find: Combat Maxum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
Anyone have any inside info on searching for old model bats? Daughter fell in love with the Combat Maxum that I bought on a whim from closeoutbats.com when they had them for $99. I'd love to find some that people bought but got pushed the back when the kid wanted a ghost. Lol. Unfortunately she popped it a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to find them anywhere (eBay, Google, Craigslist). It was the white with purple graphics model (2017 I think). 32/22 or 33/23.

Oct 5, 2018
Not much help probably, but I've seen 3 Combat Portent bats at local retailer going out of business. Marked at $100, but going out of business so they are $60. Looked on here and seems like they were solid bats in their day, but one piece so many didn't like. I think it is this, perhaps a predecessor to maxum?...

Combat PG3FP110 32/22 Portent Composite Multi-Wall Fastpitch Softball Bat New! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MUDKE4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6byOCb9MR6ENR

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's a Combat Wanted...little diff than the Maxum.

The Maxum I believe came in 1 piece AND multi piece bats. Think this was going to be their flagship models but right after they brought them
out, Easton dissolved Combat

May 21, 2014
yeah, bought one of those thinking it would be close....not even close though.

The 2 piece is what I'm after. I'd even take a drop 9. There's a drop 8 on ebay but she's not ready for a 33/25 lol.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Combat really did some nice things with bats and could have made some noise if they just gave up the one piece idea sooner. They rode it and rode it thinking girls liked them.
Before realizing they don't sell well, it was too late. Needed to bring out a good 2 piece way before they did.

Jun 28, 2017
Anyone have any inside info on searching for old model bats? Daughter fell in love with the Combat Maxum that I bought on a whim from closeoutbats.com when they had them for $99. I'd love to find some that people bought but got pushed the back when the kid wanted a ghost. Lol. Unfortunately she popped it a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to find them anywhere (eBay, Google, Craigslist). It was the white with purple graphics model (2017 I think). 32/22 or 33/23.
I may be able to help. I'll check back tomorrow.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Not sure how the fast pitch bat compares with the baseball model. But I can say that my son loved this bat. When he first got it, it was hot out of the wrapper and sounded like a shotgun at contact....and then about a month later, the bat was dead. But the balance was perfect.