Where should you hit the ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
RDB I know you've used the the term 'Laser the ball before", and by lasering the ball you are slicing the ball in half (you might of actually used those words before as well). If a 90 mph ball does not have a central reference point how do you attempt to laser it in half.? I'll let you ponder that question and come back with a nonsensical response which is typical for you when you get a little lost.

Anyway enough of entertaining the S#$@disturbers, I was just curious of what everybody thought when some the greats talked about creating backspin. A lot of them speak of hitting the bottom "half" of the ball.

Jun 8, 2016
Anyway enough of entertaining the S#$@disturbers, I was just curious of what everybody thought when some the greats talked about creating backspin. A lot of them speak of hitting the bottom "half" of the ball.
I guess I am one of the sh*& disturbers even though I answered your original question already. To be more in line with my new moniker I will answer again: I think they are full of sh!$ ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I was just curious of what everybody thought when some the greats talked about creating backspin. A lot of them speak of hitting the bottom "half" of the ball.

What I have seen quite a few times now is MLB hitters who describe and demonstrate their swing in a way that does not match what they actually did/do in a game. IMO, this has largely to do with their intent and internal feels when layered on what their body has been programmed to do.

One of the best descriptions I've seen, that closely matches his game swing, is Donaldson.

May 12, 2016
I guess I am one of the sh*& disturbers even though I answered your original question already. To be more in line with my new moniker I will answer again: I think they are full of sh!$ ;)
If that was your intention, I had no idea

May 12, 2016
What I have seen quite a few times now is MLB hitters who describe and demonstrate their swing in a way that does not match what they actually did/do in a game. IMO, this has largely to do with their intent and internal feels when layered on what their body has been programmed to do.

One of the best descriptions I've seen, that closely matches his game swing, is Donaldson.
I understand what your are saying for sure. And sometimes when viewing their full swing some things come to light that they were previously demoing.. but I will leave that discussion alone, :)

But I don't think this is on the same lines as TTB discussion. There really isn't a lot of different ways to interpret "I'm trying to hit the bottom half of the ball to create backspin". :). Whether they achieve that or not, I believe when they say this that is in fact their intent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812