When your team goes 8-0 before you get in town for the tournament...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I've always thought they should make the Goliath a Midnight Madness format. The 100+ heat gets old after a few years.

It’s pretty dang hot, I can’t imagine what it would be like to have to play through the losers bracket. That would be brutal. This is our first time to come out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2015
Which format did they use for pool games this year? 3 on Thursday, 5 on Friday, or 4 on each day? They've done both in the past and that five game Friday is BRUTAL.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Which format did they use for pool games this year? 3 on Thursday, 5 on Friday, or 4 on each day? They've done both in the past and that five game Friday is BRUTAL.

3 on Thursday and 5 on Friday but it was unseasonably cool yesterday (84 or so), so I think it was a little more bearable this year, luckily.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The girls all greeted me and then promptly directed me back outside the park until they finally lose one

7b17f45cb3e31a1e4594d81bda5b1f98.jpg

As ball superstitious as I am, if our girls were 8-0 with me NOT being there, I wouldn’t go! Sit on the couch and watch the U.S. Open Championship!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
This is dangerously close to crossing over into shameless parent bragging but I’ll risk it.

Ended up in 3rd place, went 12-2 and lost both games to the 2nd place team (who lost both of their games to the 1st place team).

In reality, the 33 team field was only strong in the top 7-8 spots but the 10 year old girls don’t know that and I’m proud of them regardless. We all know that getting kids this age just to beat the teams they’re SUPPOSED to beat is an accomplishment a lot of times. To win 10 straight before dropping a game, 6 hours from home, and to still love each other when it was time to drive back is more than I would have hoped for, at the beginning of the week.

4cd6c394a46f5875666f73f457bf8bbd.jpg

Oh! I got called back in to coach after things started going south in the first loss, so Pattar gets his seat back.

Jun 8, 2016
Oh! I got called back in to coach after things started going south in the first loss, so Pattar gets his seat back.
See that is where being just a Dad and being an AC differ..only time I get called back to civilization is when my 1 YO or 4 YO DSs start to go south and then it isn't a call but more of a glare from my wife which I can see from 220 feet away..

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
See that is where being just a Dad and being an AC differ..only time I get called back to civilization is when my 1 YO or 4 YO DSs start to go south and then it isn't a call but more of a glare from my wife which I can see from 220 feet away..

You're right. The toddlers I have to deal with are all over 30 :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478