When your DD isn't good enough to pitch on A level team, but will be needed for school ball, do you keep paying for lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Yes, it is definitely going to be an issue where we live. Middle school has a few girls that play on C level teams. We watched a game last year and it was brutal, but the High School coach has been stressing to us that she needs to play 8th grade school ball. I hope it goes well. and there is something to be said for playing with your classmates. I wish our Middle Schools could combine to form a higher level team, but they won't do it.

The high School has several A level players, but they will Seniors when my daughter is a Freshman. The High School coach has been building a relationship with my DD, so I think that is a good sign for being able to play Varsity, but no guarantees there. I like your attitude about getting more pitching time when errors occur LOL.
I think having fun with your classmates is a big deal...if it is as it sound and she will pitch and be one of the better players sounds like an opportunity for leadership and seeing how she matures... fits in and plays well as freshman, continues gaining respect going up through the years and leading the team as an upperclassman.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
Now you could always post a video here...for a free pitcher evaluation ;)

We don't bite and it could give her a couple things to work on during off season if she isn't see a pitching coach full time.
Good idea! Just have to figure out saving the video to youtube. I like just being able to copy and past from my phone, but this forum doesn't do that. My husband has been going to her lessons for two years, but he catches for her, so it isn't as easy to see everything.

Sep 29, 2014
Cool when you figure it out make sure its the side view showing entire body.

Easiest thing is just create youtube channel if you don't have one...then make the a private link so no one can get to it unless they have the link then post it in pitcher forum

Nov 18, 2013
Our team was ranked one of the top teams in the state of Ohio for 12U last season. My DD is on the lower end of the pitching talent on our team and it's not like she's a bad pitcher by any means. She doesn't have as many pitches as some of the others and isn't as consistent with hitting her spots, but with time and more practice that can be fixed. She could easily be a #1 or #2 pitcher elsewhere, but she loves her team and is willing to sacrifice pitching time. We have six girls on our team that are capable of pitching, but only three with be pitching, unless there is an injury along the way. It is a shame, because so many teams need pitchers.

At 12U I wouldn’t worry about the number of pitches. Pretty safe bet none of the other girls actually have many pitches that actually move like they’re supposed to either.

She has plenty of time to develop as a #1, if that’s her goal. She can’t let anybody tell her she’s not a pitcher. I like that the coaches told her not to expect many innings. To me that just says she needs to work harder if she wants more playing time. If she’s going to be a pitcher though, IMO she needs to be all-in or she’s wasting her time. If she wants to play in college and not pitch, all that practice time could have been spent elsewhere and enabled her to make teams or levels she otherwise missed out on.

Apr 20, 2015
Our team was ranked one of the top teams in the state of Ohio for 12U last season. My DD is on the lower end of the pitching talent on our team and it's not like she's a bad pitcher by any means. She doesn't have as many pitches as some of the others and isn't as consistent with hitting her spots, but with time and more practice that can be fixed. She could easily be a #1 or #2 pitcher elsewhere, but she loves her team and is willing to sacrifice pitching time. We have six girls on our team that are capable of pitching, but only three with be pitching, unless there is an injury along the way. It is a shame, because so many teams need pitchers.
Did you guys play the stingrays Showcase or Laser Nation? Our team was in both of those...maybe we played you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
We played in both tourneys. My DD plays for Lasers Teal.
Oh yeah we totally did. Beverly bandits 12u premiere the Chicago side! We played you all and your silver girls several times. Nice group of athletes you all had. Best of luck this year. I'm sure we will see you again.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
Oh yeah we totally did. Beverly bandits 12u premiere the Chicago side! We played you all and your silver girls several times. Nice group of athletes you all had. Best of luck this year. I'm sure we will see you again.

You have a very talented team. You are one of the teams we were not able to beat last season! We always look forward to playing you. We will see you again I’m sure. I hope we play better next time we play you lol! Good luck to you as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee