When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Jun 8, 2016
When does a vaccination come? Until then we are not going to see any type of mass group gathering permitted as long as the virus can spread. The only other thing outside of a vaccination is a 5 minute test that can sense if you have the virus with 100% certainty. And I don’t see that being created
Vaccines typically take 6 to 10 years to develop...with all the resources they are going to pour into developing one (e.g. see what Bill Gates is doing on that front) it hopefully be much shorter than that but the often quoted 1 to 1.5 years is a long shot...

Jun 8, 2016
There is going to be a lot of players whose parents cant afford to play. They have lost their jobs and softball will be low on the pole as priorities. This wont effect everyone, maybe not half but 30-40% is projected for unemployment. Let’s say 20% of parents cant afford to travel for the projected schedule that is set. What does that leave som teams with? Is it worth it to go with out a full set of regular players? Then on the other hand, I can see teams doing some pickup for the ones that can afford to go. That could make some really good competition or it can be hodge podge of players.
We have already had one kid on my DD's team whose mother's business cannot operate in the current conditions so they have chosen to move around with the father who works in the oil and gas business and hence will no longer be on the team.

Apr 30, 2018
Who is to say that they cannot do player/coach only TB tournaments...might actually make for a better experience for everybody involved ;)

I think you would be allowed to keep your right field spot. Definitely qualifies as socially distant.

Jun 8, 2016
I think you would be allowed to keep your right field spot. Definitely qualifies as socially distant.
Yeah but then everybody would join me out there...no thanks.

Other than @OsDad , who comes to keep me company out there sometimes, the only people (besides my wife) who come to visit me out there come to bitch about something. It has happened 3 times. I am sitting there and a set of parents from DD's team will come and set their chairs up only to start asking advice about something related to playing time or the like 20 minutes into the game. Next time that happens this will be the scene:

myQAsbl.gif

Jun 6, 2018
I think pro sports will be the bellwether for youth sports. Once the pros start back, youth sports start back. Not anticipating any summer pro sports.

yeah I think when the nfl season gets canceled people will lose their minds and then realize this is going to be a long time. The medical experts within the nfl are already telling the commish and owners they feel that the chance of having an nfl season is less than 5% in their expert medical opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28