When will travel ball start back up? Poll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is your best guess for when travel ball will start back up?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • June

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • July

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Fall ball

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Next year

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Most Optimistic, - I hope so, but really whats the chance - July 1
Most Realistic - hope so. maybe could play a fall schedule - Sept 1
Most Pessimistic - probably the true outcome - 2021

Mar 10, 2020
When all jobs reinstate will determine when sports start again. Whats the consensus on returning to work. My guess by end of June with heavy protocol.
This will be neccessary without another massive stimulus.
Students returning will need to be announced by August.

Jun 6, 2018
When does a vaccination come? Until then we are not going to see any type of mass group gathering permitted as long as the virus can spread. The only other thing outside of a vaccination is a 5 minute test that can sense if you have the virus with 100% certainty. And I don’t see that being created

May 17, 2012
What a surprise. Another thread is hijacked and gone off topic.

How about you guys discuss the Corona virus in one of the threads that is specifically about the Corona virus.

Here is a link if you need help.

That thread has been locked for sometime now.

Mar 10, 2020
When does a vaccination come? Until then we are not going to see any type of mass group gathering permitted as long as the virus can spread. The only other thing outside of a vaccination is a 5 minute test that can sense if you have the virus with 100% certainty. And I don’t see that being created
There is still no vaccine fors SARS original pandemic 2003. Unless missed big news. Numbers lower. Just Stating no vaccine.
Other countries lived threw it and went back to work. This is why considering reinstating jobs may reinstate schools, sports. Their will be further report on med, plasma results . Granted work more essential than sports. Unless others are speculating no return to jobs for 5 months. Or school.
This is conversation relating to when sports may return as it is pending the obvious.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
What a surprise. Another thread is hijacked and gone off topic.

How about you guys discuss the Corona virus in one of the threads that is specifically about the Corona virus.

Here is a link if you need help.

Flag the off-topic posts and maybe the mods will delete them.

That said I think posts about the cause of travel ball being delayed are sort of on topic... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
There is going to be a lot of players whose parents cant afford to play. They have lost their jobs and softball will be low on the pole as priorities. This wont effect everyone, maybe not half but 30-40% is projected for unemployment. Let’s say 20% of parents cant afford to travel for the projected schedule that is set. What does that leave som teams with? Is it worth it to go with out a full set of regular players? Then on the other hand, I can see teams doing some pickup for the ones that can afford to go. That could make some really good competition or it can be hodge podge of players.

Apr 30, 2018

Vaccine will be a while, next year sometime. I would encourage everyone to look at the work of Dr. Jacob Glanville of Distributed Bio and their research on therapeutic antibodies, the time frame of getting this thru trials is much shorter than vaccines. (Septemberish) Also for people who are interested in drug therapies and saving lives now, some of the papers on the parasite drug ivermectin may be even more encouraging than the current media darling malaria drugs.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Flag the off-topic posts and maybe the mods will delete them.

That said I think posts about the cause of travel ball being delayed are sort of on topic... 🤷‍♂️

I get what you are saying but most of the posts on the last 2-3 pages have nothing to do with softball. The posts are strictly related to the Corona Virus, not how the virus is effecting softball.

Feb 25, 2018
I think pro sports will be the bellwether for youth sports. Once the pros start back, youth sports start back. Not anticipating any summer pro sports.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802